From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Download as a PDF or ODT
OpenOffice.org Basic is used to create and manage macros and dialogs. The following sections examine the usage of the OpenOffice.org Basic programming environment.
- First Steps with OpenOffice.org Basic guides you through the necessary steps to write OpenOffice.org Basic UNO Programs.
- OpenOffice.org Basic IDE provides a reference to the functionality of the OpenOffice.org Integrated Development Environment (IDE). It describes:
- The dialogs to manage Basic and dialog libraries.
- The functionality of the Basic IDE window: the Basic macro editor and debugger, and the Dialog editor.
- The assignment of macros to events
- Features of OpenOffice.org Basic describes the Basic programming language integrated in OpenOffice.org, including
- Provides an overview about the general language features built into OpenOffice.org Basic.
- Extends the UNO language binding chapter OpenOffice.org Basic by information on how to access the application specific UNO API.
- Points out threading and rescheduling characteristics of OpenOffice.org Basic that differ from other languages, such as, from Java, which can be important under certain circumstances.
- Advanced Library Organization describes how the Basic library system stores and manages Basic macros and dialogs in OpenOffice.org, and how the user can access libraries and library elements using the appropriate interfaces.
- Programming Dialogs and Dialog Controls describes the toolkit controls used to create dialogs in the dialog editor. In this section the different types of controls and their specific properties are explained in detail.
- Creating Dialogs at Runtime describes how UNO dialogs can be created at runtime without using the dialog editor. This is useful to show dialogs from UNO components. As this is an advanced way to create dialogs, this section goes deeply into the Toolkit interfaces and extends the section Programming Dialogs and Dialog Controls.
- Library File Structure discusses the various files used by the Basic IDE.
- Library Deployment discusses the automatic deployment of Basic libraries into a local or a shared OpenOffice.org installation.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Public Documentation License (PDL).|