|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
- 1 OOoCon 2007 Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)
- 1.1 Dates
- 1.2 How to get to Barcelona
- 1.3 Team Lead
- 1.4 Team Members
- 1.5 Organization
- 1.6 Local events taking place in parallel (or right before/after)
- 1.7 Names of local OpenOffice.org developers
- 1.8 Names of local OpenOffice.org companies and institutions
- 1.9 Sponsors that have shown interest
- 1.10 Video coverage
- 1.11 Proposals for talks or keynotes
- 1.12 Minutes from the meetings
- 1.13 How can you help
- 1.14 Cheap rooms
- 1.15 Contact
- 1.16 Call for papers
- 1.17 Conference news
- 1.18 Special requests
OOoCon 2007 Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)
18th to 21st of September 2007.
(the 18th of September will be the "Community Day")
How to get to Barcelona
- Arriving BCN from the airport (flash)
Person that is leading the conference.
- Jesús Corrius (Catalan Native Lang Project Leader / L10N), jesus at softcatala.org
- Jordi Mas, Anna Grau (sponsors and local organisation)
Members should be willing and able to commit at least 3 hours per day to planning the conference during the last two weeks before OOoCon 2007.
- Jesús Corrius, jesus at softcatala.org
- Ignasi Labastida, University of Barcelona
- Jordi Mas, jmas at softcatala.org
- Josep Gallart, josepgallart gmail.com
- Tania De la Paz
- Toni Hermoso, tonirher at softcatala.org
- David Poblador, david at nirvanis.org
- Alberto Barrionuevo, abarrio at EstandaresAbiertos.org (for ODF promotion stuff -active in FFII, ODF Alliance and OpenDocument Fellowship-)
- Quim Perez i Noguer, noguer at gmail.com
- Quim Perelló i Miro, quim at gracianet.cat
- Mac Kull, seclib at netscape.net (MT English speaker willing to help proof English language text prior to distribution or posting, experienced international conference coordinator, live in Cadiz)
- Miguel Galán, komputerman at gmail.com (UB student, OO.org user from 1.1, mid-level catalan and english speaker, interested on Bibliographic)
- José G. Alvarado, jsgrd30 at aol.com
- Jordi Vilanova, jordi.vilanova at fksl.com (FLOSS consultant to SMBs in Barcelona area - trilingual Catalan, Spanish and English to native standards. Regular user, fully OOo literate)
(Please, add your e-mail address also. We need it to contact you)
Softcatalà (about 10 people, more if needed), Core team of the CA project (about 5 people), staff of the University of Barcelona.
Local events taking place in parallel (or right before/after)
- 11th of September is the National Day of Catalonia
- 19th - 22nd September: Drupalcon Barcelona 2007
Names of local OpenOffice.org developers
Names of potentials developers for doing panels at the conference in the developer's sessions.
- OPS Consulting
- Jesús Corrius, Softcatalà (Catalan L10N)
- Iñaki Larrañaga (Basque L10N)
- Ruben Da Silva (Galician L10N)
Names of local OpenOffice.org companies and institutions
Names of companies and institutions that are potential sponsors or have potential success stories but have not been contacted yet.
- Novell Barcelona
- Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
- Rinho Sistemas
- EstándaresAbiertos.org (open standards promotion project).
- Ajuntament de Barcelona
Sponsors that have shown interest
This is a list of sponsors that have been contacted and have shown an interest in helping the event.
- Spanish Ministry of Industry, Tourism and Trade. Contact Roberto Santos <roberto.santos at hispalinux.es>
- CENATIC Public Foundation for promoting open technology in Spain. Contact Alberto Abella <alberto.abella at cenatic.es>
- Generalitat de Catalunya
Kiberpipa media team is again offering to cover the conference as it did in 2005 and 2006. This means putting all videos of presentations on the web promptly, doing video interviews, providing live streams, gallery, planet, etc. Whole workflow done with free software exclusively.
Proposals for talks or keynotes
Proposals for talks, keynotes and success stories.
Minutes from the meetings
Minutes from the different meetings that have taken place.
The next meeting is scheduled for the next 22nd March, 19.30 h at The Shamrock (Barcelona, Carrer Tallers, 72)
How can you help
You can help in many different ways. Help us identifying:
- People in the Barcelona area that can help as volunteers on the proposed dates. Please, write your name in the Team Members section of this page with your e-mail address. You can also include a short description of your skills and the kind of help that you could provide.
- Large local OpenOffice.org deployments (for user keynotes and success stories) or potential keynotes relevant to OpenOffice.org. Please, add them to Proposals for talks or keynotes section of this page.
- Names of local OpenOffice.org developers (for developer sessions). If you are an individual, organization or company doing a development based on Openoffice.org add yourself to the Names of local OpenOffice.org developers section of this page.
- Names of local OpenOffice.org companies or institutions (potential sponsors) in Spain. Are you a company or institution and you want to help sponsoring the conference Please, subscribe to the ooocon2007_discuss list (see the contact section for details) and explain what your company or institution does and how it can contribute to the conference.
Please try to avoid contacting the organisers directly and try to share your projects and ideas with everyone else using the mailing list.
If you are an institution or a company please consider sponsoring the effort.
Please note that just adding yourself to this list will not get you a room. You have to confirm and pay your reservation. The reservation period ends the 31st of August.
If you are interested in a cheap room in Barcelona, please add yourself to the list.
- Jesús Corrius i Llavina, jesus at softcatala.org (2 individual rooms, b&b)
- Charles-H. Schulz & Melissa email@example.com (1 twin room or two single rooms b&b)
- Eric Bachard, firstname.lastname@example.org (1 individual room b&b)
- Jerome Dumonteil email@example.com (1 individual room, b&b)
- Mahay Alam Khan (mak); mahayalamkhan at gmail.com (1 twin room, b&b)
- Shaun McDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org (1 individual room, b&b)
- Italo Vignoli, italo at italovignoli.com (1 individual room, b&b)
Stefan Weigel, sweigel at openoffice.org (1 b&b, arrival 18th, departure 23rd, anybody willing to share a twin?)
- Alexandro Colorado (jza), jza at openoffice.org (1 individual room, b&b)
Andrew Whittaker, amwhitta at gmail.com (2 individual rooms, b&b)
- Andrea Pescetti, pescetti at openoffice.org (1 individual room, b&b)
- Andras Timar, timar at openoffice.org and Laszlo Nemeth (1 twin room, b&b)
- Sophie Gautier, sgauti at openoffice.org (1 individual room b&b)
- Aiet Kolkhi, aietkolkhi at openoffice.org (1 twin room or two single rooms b&b)
- Shane Mathews, shane.m.mathews at gmail.com (1 individual room, b&b)
- Paolo Mantovani, paolomantovani at openoffice.org (1 individual room, b&b)
- Michel Loiseleur, mloiseleur at openoffice.org (1 individual room b&b)
Andreas Mantke, andreasma at openoffice.org (1 individual room b&b, arrival 18th, departure 22rd)
- Alan de Leeuw and Lara Russell, alan at ccnsweb.com (1 twin room b&b, arrival 17th, departure 24th), Matt Huet joining us on 19th.
- Davide Dozza
and Patricija Korendavide at flossconsulting.it (1 individual room b&b, from 17th to 21th - 4 nights and 1 twin room b&b from 21th to 25th - 4 nights)
- Robert Ludvik, bobe at openoffice.org (1 individual b&b, from 17th to 21th - 4 nights)
- Florian Reuter, flr at openoffice.org (12 people from Novell, 6 twin rooms possible (2 twin rooms from 18th-23rd, 4 twin rooms from 18th-22nd)
- Paulo Vilela, pvilela at openoffice.org (1 individual room, from 18th to 21st - 3 nights)
- Cédric Bosdonnat, cedricbosdo at openoffice.org (1 individual room for 19th - 1 night)
- Knut Kjæreng, University of Oslo, knutkja at student.hf.uio.no (1 individual room for 16th to 23rd - 6 nights)
Please try to avoid contacting the organisers directly and try to share your projects and ideas with everyone else using the mailing list. You can contact the organisation at the email@example.com by sending an empty message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for papers
There is a page with all the information for the call for papers for the Conference. The deadline for sending proposals is 1 June 2007.
Please use this page for special requests for extra meeting rooms, special facilities, requests for Projects Day, etc.