Quick and Easy Activities
|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
Quick and Easy Marketing Activities
Want to help market Apache OpenOffice but don't have a lot of time? Here are some ideas for ways that even the busiest marketing volunteer can help.
If you have 5 minutes
- "Like" our Apache OpenOffice Facebook page
- "Follow" our Apache OpenOffice Twitter feed
- Subscribe to our Apache OpenOffice page on Google+
- Join the Apache OpenOffice group on LinkedIn
- Watch this inspirational video about how to convert schools, public administrations, and others to OpenOffice.
- Add a signature to your email account that links back to the OpenOffice home page (http://www.openoffice.org)
If you have 10 minutes
- For the social networks above, help us magnify our reach. This could be done in various ways:
- If you "like" a post from the AOO page, Facebook lets your network know about it. A +1 in Google+ does the same thing. This social sharing is powerful because you are sharing an AOO post with people that know you, and presumably like and trust you.
- Retweeting a tweet in Twitter shares it with your network. Similarly you can share a Facebook or Google+ post with your network and insert an additional comment. This can be more effective than merely "liking" a post, since you have the opportunity to preface the post with your own comments recommending it to your network.
- Sign up for Google Alerts and be notified about new information related to OpenOffice posted on the web.
- Help be our eyes and ears, and let us know when you see new material, positive or negative, that we should act upon.
- Support Apache OpenOffice by adding it to your resumé.
- If you know or use AOO, you can promote yourself and subtly promote open source and open data formats at the same time. The process could not be simpler: just mention your knowledge of OpenOffice on your resume or CV! You’ll look smart, differentiate yourself from other candidates, and maybe even find a more comfortable, open source-friendly work environment at the same time.
If you have 20 minutes
- Email your friends and coworkers a quick message reminding them of the benefits of Apache OpenOffice and open source programs for their personal use. Give them a link to the Why? micro site.
- Burn half a dozen CDs and give them to your friends.
- Create or print some flyers about OpenOffice to hang in your college dorm or common space.