Please view the guidelines
This is the home of the OpenOffice.org Word Processing Project. Its heart is the Writer application but it also comprises the OpenOffice.org Formula Editor Math, the integration of the linguistic components (spell checker, hyphenator, thesaurus) and some document filters for formats of other word processors. The linguistic components themselves are part of the lingucomponent project.
If you want to discuss your ideas about the components of our project, please use the mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or mailto:email@example.com mailing lists. If you have an enhancement or a feature request or if you want to report a bug please use our Issue Tracker. We recommend to read some documentation about issue handling before.
- for users: irc://irc.freenode.net/Openoffice.org
- for developers: irc://irc.freenode.net/dev.openoffice.org
Developers wanted. -- feel free to put your name and your area of expertise
User Documentation provided by the Documentation Project
If you have some questions that can't be answered by these documents please send them to our mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list. If you prefer to discuss your questions in your own language please go to the home page of the OpenOffice.org Native Language project that matches your language. The home page of the selected language project should guide you to its users mailing list.
- Writer/BiDi Layout
- Writer/CJK Justification
- Writer/Code Conventions
- Writer/Core And Layout
- Writer/Text Formatting
- Writer/Vertical Layout
- Writer/page styles
- Grammar Checking API
- Translating Java Code in cpp
- Writer/API/Text cursor
- Writer/API/View cursor
- Writer/Smart Tags
For an overview about opportunities for new developers see Writer/ToDo.
If you want to contribute something to the project you don't need to be a developer. Please read more about contributing if you are interested.
- Bibliographic/Writer enhancements for OOBib
- Writer/Drafts/issue 66319
- Writer/ToDo/PDF Import
- Writer/ToDo/Writer Refactoring/Writer Refactoring
- Writer/ToDo/ODF Enhancement
- Writer/ToDo/Layout/View Concepts
- Writer/ToDo/Writer Refactoring/SwDoc ViewShell SwRootFrm
- Writer/Paste and Match Style Specification
- Grammar Checking
- Writer/ToDo/Layout/Multi Page Layout
- Writer/ToDo/Writer Refactoring/Automatic Styles
- Writer/New Table Model
- Writer/Paste Unformatted Shortcut Specification
- Writer/Text Grid Enhancement for CJK
- Writer/Input Fields