Ideas for Celebrating Ten Years of OpenOffice.org
|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
|For discussions on that topic, please refer to our main marketing mailing list.|
Please add all your ideas to this wiki page. Having ideas in the mailing list archives is good, but it's much better to have a compilation in the wiki for easy reference.
- producing personalized stamps with OOo logo
- Hungarian post: Kami
- German post: Florian(?)
- Netherlands: cornouws
Hosting a Worldwide Event
- Set up a venue in each country, or even several venues per country
- Link all of those with video conferencing
- If it's multinational, talk about something multinational, e.g. localisations
Do a Countdown
- Count down the days to our anniversary (October 13th) from OOoCon on
- Issue something every week, e.g.
- Monday: business case
- Friday: community insight
- use videos
- Week 36 - launch - (Tuesday, August 31, 2010 – Friday, September 3, 2010) - OOoCon
- Week 37 -
- Week 38 - highlight - (Saturday, September 18) Software Freedom Day
- Week 39 -
- Week 40 -
- Week 41 -
- Week 42 - finale (Wednesday, October 13) - OOo Turns Ten!
Freedom Flying Discs & Photo Album
- Print Flying Discs with OOo logo and www.openoffice.org hostname and distribute them at OOoCon
- Community members make photos of frisbee in their countries/regions and give the frisbee to other community members (or users) in the spirit of free and open source software.
- For the 10th anniversary we have a photo album where everyone can see how far OOo has come and how many different people it helps.
- frisbee slogan proposals:
- Turn Free! OpenOffice.org
- ... add your slogan proposal here ...
- Print stickers with the OOo logo and www.openoffice.org and distribute them at OOoCon
- Request 113278 for Special 10th anniversary logo
- What size and shape? 4cm round probably fits.
- Special 10th anniversary design or just the plain round logo + www.openoffice.org?
- Encourage magazines to have a special 10-year-anniversary isuse
- BrOffice magazine
- Ubuntu FullCircle
- Free Software Magazine
- Make interviews with the community (Charles Schulz currently does some)
Questions to ask
- What do you expect from OOo?
- What did OOo give you?
- How do you feel about it?
- How they use OOo in regular activities?
- What has been the biggest advantage from using it?
- How they got started using OOo and why?
- What they expect from an office suite ten years from now?
- Where did you first see OOo and when?
- When did you first install a copy of OOo and on what?
- How many upgrades have you been through and where did you source them?
- One item of advice for the marketers, developers and new users!