Returns the modified internal rate of return of a series of cash flows.
MIRR(payments; financerate; reinvestrate)
- payment is a range containing the payments made or received, at regular intervals.
- financerate is the rate of interest you pay per period on outstanding balances.
- reinvestrate is the rate of interest you receive per period on invested balances.
- At least one of the payments must be negative and at least one positive. The payments are assumed to arise at the start of each period; the order in which the payments are given is important.
- MIRR finds the modified internal rate of return from the formula:
- (1 + MIRR)n-1 = final_value_of_positive_payments/initial_value_of_negative_payments.
MIRR(A1:A4; 5%; 8%)
- where A1:A4 contain -5000, 1000, 2000, 3000, returns approximately 8.16%.
- This function does not currently accept arrays.