Returns the coupon (interest payment) date which precedes the settlement date.
This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
COUPPCD(settlement; maturity; frequency; basis)
- settlement: the date of purchase of the security.
- maturity: the date on which the security matures (expires).
- frequency: number of interest payments per year (1, 2 or 4).
- basis: is the calendar system to use. Defaults to 0 if omitted.
- 0 - US method (NASD), 12 months of 30 days each
- 1 - Actual number of days in months, actual number of days in year
- 2 - Actual number of days in month, year has 360 days
- 3 - Actual number of days in month, year has 365 days
- 4 - European method, 12 months of 30 days each
COUPPCD("2007-01-25"; "2009-11-15"; 2; 1)
- returns 15 November 2006 as a date-time serial number; choose a format to display the date as you prefer. A bond is originally issued on 15 November 1999, with a ten year term; the date of maturity is 15 November 2009. You subsequently purchase it on the secondary market, with a settlement date of 25 January 2007. Interest is paid half-yearly (frequency is 2); thus interest is due on the 15 May and the 15 November each year, during the bond's term. The interest payment date just before 25 January 2007 is 15 November 2006.