Converts a decimal number into a fractional representation of that number.
- decimal: the decimal number.
- denominator: the denominator for the fractional representation.
- Sometimes a security price, for example, might be expressed as 2.03, a fractional representation meaning $2 and 3/16 of a dollar. As a decimal this is 2.1875.
- DOLLARFR converts the decimal representation to a fractional representation. Despite its name, it returns a number, not a currency. Its inverse is DOLLARDE.
- returns 2.03 as a number. 2 + 3/16 equals 2.1875.