OOoCon 2008 Visa Procedures
|OOo Marketing Project
Please view the guidelines
Strategic Marketing Plan Pages:
- 1 Visa Procedures to join the 2008 Annual OpenOffice.org Conference in Beijing/China
- 1.1 Common Remarks and Requirements
- 1.2 Detailed Procedures by Country
Visa Procedures to join the 2008 Annual OpenOffice.org Conference in Beijing/China
One of the main issues for everybody willing to attend this years OOoCon in Beijing is getting the appropriate visa to enter China. The information we provide from within China will be of very general nature. From my point of view, it would be great, if those of you, who accomplish the procedures first, could provide your experience to your fellow countrymen. For this purpose I created this wiki page, where everybody is free to volunteer and add important information about Chinese visa for her/his country. Please help to fill this page.
Best regards, Peter
Common Remarks and Requirements
Detailed Procedures by Country
- Information given by the German Department for Foreign Affairs (Important travel and security information)
- Information given by the chinese embassy in Germany (Important visa information)
- Passport (valid 6 at least 6 months)
- Visa application form Hints
- For the purpose to do business or attend a meeting or conference, single or double entry are required. The original version of invitation letter from an authorized Chinese Government Department or Government-authorized Company, the two-way flight ticket, and hotel booking confirmation are required.
- 20 € cash (+20 € for 48 hour service or +30 € for 24 hour service)
- Application not earlier than 50 days before your trip. Allow one week processing time for your visa.
- In your visa application you must specify your date of arrival, the duration of your stay in China and all the locations you are going to visit in their correct order.
- You can apply at the consulate general in Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg or Munich, each open monday to friday from 9 to 12 am.
- Check vaccinations, consult your doctor now (Gelbfieber, Malaria, Tetanus, Diphtherie, Polio, Hepatitis A+B, Tollwut, Japanische Enzephalitis, Typhus, ...)