Sums the contents of cells.
SUM(number1; number2; ... number30)
- number1 to number30 are up to 30 numbers or ranges/arrays of numbers whose sum is to be calculated.
- SUM ignores any text or empty cell within a range or array.
- SUM can also be used to sum or count cells where a specified condition is true - see Conditional Counting and Summation.
SUM(2; 3; 4)
- returns 9, because 2+3+4 = 9.
- (where cells B1, B2, B3 contain 1.1, 2.2, 3.3) returns 6.6.
- In Excel SUM ignores logical values (that is, it treats them as 0). In Calc TRUE is 1 and FALSE is 0.