Documentation/How Tos/Calc: MULTINOMIAL function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
< Documentation | How Tos
- Mathematical FunctionsTrigonometric
- CoshSinhTanhCothAcoshAcothAsinhAtanhRounding and remainders
- ExpPowerLogLnLog10Bessel functions
- AbsCombinCombinaConvertConvert AddCountblankCountifDeltaErfErfcFactFactdoubleGcdGcd AddGestepLcmLcm AddMultinomialProductRandRandbetweenSeriessumSignSqrtSqrtpiSubtotal
Returns the factorial of the sum of the arguments divided by the product of the factorials of the arguments.
This function is only available if Analysis AddIn is installed.
MULTINOMIAL (number1; number2; ... number30)
- number1 to number30 are up to 30 numbers or ranges of numbers.
- This function returns:
- ( number1 + number2 + ... + number30 )! / (number1! * number2! * ...* number30!)
- returns 3, which is (1+2)!/(1!*2!).
- where F1 to F3 contain 2, 3 and 4 returns 1260.
The multinomial distribution is a generalization of the binomial distribution in probability theory. MULTINOMIAL() is currently categorised as a Mathematical function, but would be more readily categorised as a Statistical function.