Documentation/How Tos/Calc: SUBTOTAL function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
< Documentation | How Tos
- Mathematical FunctionsTrigonometric
- CoshSinhTanhCothAcoshAcothAsinhAtanhRounding and remainders
- ExpPowerLogLnLog10Bessel functions
- AbsCombinCombinaConvertConvert AddCountblankCountifDeltaErfErfcFactFactdoubleGcdGcd AddGestepLcmLcm AddMultinomialProductRandRandbetweenSeriessumSignSqrtSqrtpiSubtotal
Returns SUM, AVERAGE, STDEV, etc. results for filtered data.
- range is the overall range from which cells for calculation are selected by filtering.
- function is a number that specifies the function to calculate, as follows:
function Function 1 AVERAGE 2 COUNT 3 COUNTA 4 MAX 5 MIN 6 PRODUCT 7 STDEV 8 STDEVP 9 SUM 10 VAR 11 VARP
- If range contains other SUBTOTAL functions they are ignored to avoid double counting.
You have a table in the cell range A1:B5 containing cities in column A and accompanying figures in column B. You have used an AutoFilter so that you only see rows containing the city Hamburg. You want to see the sum of the figures that are displayed; that is, just the subtotal for the filtered rows.
- returns the desired result.
Filtering Cell Ranges