Writer FAQ - Formatting Text
Search the FAQs:
This page has FAQs about formatting text in Writer. This list is ordered by popularity. The most popular FAQs are at the top. But also have a look at the bottom to find any new entries.
More information can be found in the Writer Guide, available from the OOo Documentation Project.
- My spell-checker does not seem to work?
- How do I change the default font?
- How do I create a hanging indent in my document?
- I want to insert special characters with keyboard shortcuts. How do I do this?
- Is there a grammar checker?
- How do I insert a trademark symbol?
- How do I create a simple outline-style numbered list?
- How do I remove a large number of hard returns from text that were pasted into my document?
- I change the font color, but it still looks black. Why?
- How do I insert a special character?
- The space between the letters in a word seems just a bit too wide. It would look better if that space is being reduced. How can I achieve this?
- How do I protect (lock) a section of text so that the content cannot be changed?
- How do I insert a 'Euro' character?
- How to select multiple parts of the text?
- How do I insert an unbreakable space?
- Is there something like a Format Painter feature that copies the formats of one part of the text to other parts?
- How do I setup the spell-checker to be the correct default for my language?
- How do I insert a line break or soft return in a cell?
- Does OpenOffice.org have a Reveal Codes functionality similar to WordPerfect?
- Where can I get spelling and grammar checker files?
- Where do I get a dictionary for my language?
- How to format text in Title Case?
- How do I remove the dictionaries I don't need?
- How do I use styles?
- How do I perform a spell-check in a multilingual text?
- How do I assign a keyboard shortcut to a style?
- I want to upgrade OOo, what about my settings for languages?
- How to correct the text of a hyperlink? (if I click on the text the target document loads)
- How to format a piece of text (not a whole page) in columns?
- How to easily come back to the default character format while typing when I just wanted to format one word?
- How can I see field names instead of field contents?
- How to move paragraphs with the keyboard?
Add a new FAQ entry