AODL (An Open Document Library)
AODL is the .net module of the ODF Toolkit. The library is completly written in pure C# and can be used
to extend your .net based software to support the OpenDocument Format. To use AODL within your projects respectively
software there is no need of a deep knowlegde of the OpenDocument Format itself. It would be helpfull to understand
what's going behind the scenes and for writing your own extensions, but as mentioned before this isn't a fundamental requirement.
Until now, the following fundamental operations are supported by AODL:
- Creating new documents in the text and the spreadsheet format.
- Loading and manipulating documents in the text and spreadsheet (not complete yet) format.
- Initial support for Charts within Spreadsheet Documents.
- Export loaded or created documents into the HTML format (text and spreadsheet documents).
- Export loaded or created documents into the PDF Format. (this is in an early state of implementation and only available for text documents)
ODF implemented Features
- Reading, editing, creating and saving documents in the OpenDocument text format (TextDocument class).
- Reading, editing, creating and saving documents in the OpenDocument spreadsheet format (SpreadsheetDocument class).
- ParagraphBuilder class, this class offer several methods for the creation of often used Paragraphs types.
- TableBuilder class, this class offer several methods for the creation of often used Table types.
- TextBuilder class, this class offer several methods for the simple creation of ITextCollections that will be used within a Paragraph.
- SizeConverter class, this class offer size conversation and size type conversation methods for height and width properties of AODL OpenDocument objects.
- Colors class, this class offer the possibility to convert any .net system color to the corresponding color used in any document in the OpenDocument format.
- Support for common styles. These are e.g used by OpenOffice as style templates.
- Reading and writing of the documents metadata.
- Full Paragraph support incl. Paragraphstyle and Paragraphproperties.
- Full Header support incl. Headerstyle and Proeperties.
- List support (number and bullet) support incl. Liststyle and Listproperties.
- Full Table of Contents support incl. Sectionstyles.
- Full Table support with nested table up to any depth and cellmerging support.
- Full support for Rows incl. Rowstyle and Rowproperties. - Full support for Columns incl. Columnstyle and Columnproperties. - Full support for Cells incl. Cellstyle and Cellproperties.
Take a look at this page to see a complete list of existing features.
The AODL FAQ (where to get the source, requirements, ..)
Source Code and Download
Code Snippets and Examples
Here you will find several AODL code examples / snippets. Larger examples in form of Sample Applications a part of the source code.