Using word completion
If Word Completion is enabled, Writer tries to guess which word you are typing and offers to complete the word for you. To accept the suggestion, press Enter. Otherwise continue typing.
|Many people prefer not to use Word Completion. If you do not want to use it, select Tools > AutoCorrect > Word Completion and uncheck Enable Word Completion.|
To turn off Word Completion, select Format > AutoCorrect> AutoCorrect Options > Word Completion and deselect Enable word completion.
You can customize word completion from the Word Completion tab. Following are features you can use:
- Add (append) a space automatically after an accepted word.
- Show the suggested word as a tip (hovering over the word) rather than completing the text as you type.
- Collect words when working on a document, and then either save them for later use in other documents or select the option to remove them from the list when closing the document.
- Change the maximum number of words remembered for word completion and the length of the smallest words to be remembered.
- Delete specific entries from the word completion list.
- Change the key that accepts a suggested entry—the options are right arrow, End key, Enter (Return), Space bar, and Tab.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|