Opening existing spreadsheets
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
An existing spreadsheet can also be opened from any component of OOo.
Click File and then select Open.
From the toolbar
From the keyboard
Use the key combination Control+O.
Each of these options displays the Open dialog, where you can locate the spreadsheet that you want to open.
Opening CSV Files
- Choose File > Open.
- Locate the CSV file that you want to open.
- If the file has a *.csv extension, select the file and click Open.
- If the file has another extension (for example, *.txt), select the file otherwise select Text CSV in the File type box (scroll down into the spreadsheet section to find it) and then click Open.
- On the Text Import dialog (below), select the Separator options to divide the text in the file into columns.
- You can preview the layout of the imported data at the bottom of the dialog. Right-click a column in the preview to set the format or to hide the column.
- If the CSV file uses a text delimiter character that is not in the Text delimiter list, click in the box, and type the character.
- Click OK to open the file.
|If you do not select Text CSV as the file type when opening the file, the document opens in Writer, not Calc.|
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|