Getting Started with Writer
What is Writer?
Writer is the word processor component of OpenOffice.org (OOo). In addition to the usual features of a word processor (spell checking, thesaurus, hyphenation, autocorrect, find and replace, automatic generation of tables of contents and indexes, mail merge and others), Writer provides these important features:
- Templates and styles (see Chapter 3)
- Page layout methods, including frames, columns, and tables
- Embedding or linking of graphics, spreadsheets, and other objects
- Built-in drawing tools
- Master documents—to group a collection of documents into a single document
- Change tracking during revisions
- Database integration, including a bibliography database
- Export to PDF, including bookmarks (see Chapter 10)
- And many more
These features are covered in detail in the Writer Guide.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|