Please view the guidelines
OpenOffice.org Impress is the presentation application of OpenOffice.org.
The application's source code is located in module sd. The mailing list for developer discussions related to Impress is firstname.lastname@example.org, to subscribe mailto:email@example.com and then reply to the subscription mail sent to you to verify subscription. The project's webpage is http://graphics.openoffice.org/
For wiki articles related to the project see Category:Impress.
- working permanently on the code
- External (non Sun) contributors, contributing to Impress improvement
- Wolfram Garten
- all areas incl. testtool automation
Work in Progress
- Adding primitive support for drawing layer (supporting smother geometry and anti aliasing)
- Office 12 XML import filter
- Impress OpenDocument load/save performance Impress/Performance#OpenDocument
- Impress slideshow performance Impress/Performance#Slideshow
Planned / ToDo's / Seeking for Community support
The following features/enhancements are planned for one of the upcoming releases. Planned means that we would like to do them but all depends on time & resources. If you like to contribute to one of the following please contact us in the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Annotation support
- Intelligent Groups (Smart Art like implementation of Diagram, Flowchart, Orgcharts, e.t.c. )
- Embedded Sounds
- Implementing User Interface changes as soon as provided by the Project Renaissance
- Internal SVG support as a seperate graphic type across all applications (e.g. via Format=>InsertGraphic), maybe using already existing implementations like libsvg or the Mozilla SVG solution
- Accessing external picture/clipart repositories like 'Kaltura', 'Flickr' or 'Open Clip Art' for insertion/managing of graphics inside documents
- Automatically create complete presentation documents based on a set of pictures from local directories or external picture/clipart repositories
- Adding a media backend on Unix systems based on 'libavcodec'
The following is a list of specifications for draw or impress that is currently working on. Please feel free to discuss this specifications on the email@example.com mailing list.
- Tables in impress
- Working on terminology in impress
- Text fields
- Color Picker
- Shape Gradient MS2003 Filter Enhancement
Other work in progress improving Impress
- Apple Remote implementation on Mac OS X
- Education Project Effort : Improve Impress
- Education Project and Ecole Centrale Nantes : Tablet PC, Eraser, and colored pen in overlay with Impress