( Brainstorming in progress )
- Revamp http://education.openoffice.org
- Make the page static
- Organize the wiki page
- Create new entries : locales ? / tools ? / Success stories ? / Partners ?
- Resources : ask an entry for every school present on the site ? (annually ?)
- QA : define default owner for education project issues
- Be present and visible (please complete the list) :
- PCIE/EDCL : http://www.pcie.tm.fr/
- Recent Issues
Volunteers to revamp the site
- Raphael Bircher
- Nicolas JEUDY
1) Installation / Usability
- OpenOffice.org installation , mainly under Microsoft Windows, is problematic ( unique registration, ...etc)
- Installation in a rightless environment
Again, with MS Office (examples, precise case, writing of a guide avoiding issues, find the most known of them .. )
- formulas alignments
This is an incredibly well known and important default. Some migrations failed just because of this "detail".
See the sadly well known issue 972 , and referenced in IssueZilla since may 2001 (yes 2001 !) URL : http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=972
- Suggestions of amelioration
Use Maxima in OpenOffice.org ?
Partial answer : as soon as I'll have the answer to "how interface" OpenOffice.org and Application written in Lisp ( Maxima is written in Lisp ), I promise I'll take the task over.
Update: I got some infos from Eike Rathke and Kendy. Playing with fork() exec() wait() .. stay tuned.
Ericb 12:07, 25 December 2007 (CET)
Suggestion: instead of trying to do this by hand, use the Expect library; an Expect module for OOo would be really useful.
- Success stories
Any positive success story of installation and /or use in your school, interests us.
Initiation to OpenOffice.org use
Be extremely careful is recommended, only the French Eductional system is described below
Which formations could concern OpenOffice.org ?
- type de formation : secondary, profesional formations ? - concerned courses: Maths ? Physics ? ( Other ? )
URL of reference : http://info.sio2.be/calcooo/index.php ( French, sorry )
Plan (translated from French ):
1. Introduction to a Spreadsheet use with OpenOffice.org (mise à jour 07/01/2006) 2. Use of Calc functions (last update 17/01/2006) 3. The alternative with the Spreadsheet (last update 12/01/2006) 4. Create diagrams using OpenOffice.org Calc 5. Improved study of Mathematical diagrams ( last update 16/05/2006) Share your opinion whith this course.
For every part, it could be interesting to define :
The relevant concerned programs
- the plan of the lesson
- the prerequisites of the lesson
- the objectives, well justified in the referential of the program
- the estimated time for the lesson
- Pedagogical notes creation
Target: create pedagogical notes for the existing tools, improving the role of OpenOffice.org :
Every teacher will certainly have a personal way, but to obtain something consistent, it will be to follow a common skeleton, everybody is invited to improve.
- The pedagogical frame of use: public / level
- the place in the progression,
- the time of the sequence..etc
- the place dans le referential of the program,
- limits .. (thanks to improve and complete the list)
- Mutualisation of documents : ADD A LICENSE FOR THE CONTENT
- Suggestions for academical correspondents
- recent the schools using OpenOffice.org ( write a list on the Wiki ? )
- inform people managing / to be aware of the project existence and invite them to join us (Education Project, firstname.lastname@example.org list)
- keep the list of known issues up to date , and define a list of priorities : we need to concentrate our efforts to the correction of such issues ! - participate, if possiblee, to events who can involve OpenOffice.org project in your academy - recent such events - recent existing tools and documents, who bring a value added the pedagogical interest OpenOffice.org to be used ( next step : put them on the site, for download, but define precisely how do that "before" ) - be visible