The Menu bar is located across the top of the screen, just below the Title bar. The main menu selections are File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Table, Tools, Window, and Help. When you choose one of the menus, a submenu drops down to show other options.
- File contains commands that apply to the entire document such as Open, Save, and Export as PDF.
- Edit contains commands for editing the document such as Undo and Find & Replace.
- View contains commands for controlling the display of the document such as Zoom and Web Layout.
- Insert contains commands for inserting elements into your document such as Header, Footer, and Picture.
- Format contains commands, such as Styles and Formatting and AutoFormat, for formatting the layout of your document.
- Table shows all commands to insert and edit a table in a text document.
- Tools contains functions such as Spellcheck, Customize, and Options.
- Window contains commands for the display window.
- Help contains links to the Help file, What's This help, and information about the version of OpenOffice.org you have installed.
If you want to change the menu font from that supplied by OOo to the system font for your operating system, do this:
- Choose Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > View.
- Check Use system font for user interface.
- Click OK.
It is possible to customize menus in OpenOffice.org. To customize menus:
- Choose Tools > Customize.
- On the Customize dialog, pick the Menus tab.
- In OpenOffice.org <name of the program (example: Writer)> Menus, select the menu you want to customize in the Menu drop-down list.
- You can customize each menu by clicking on the Menu or Modify buttons.
- You can add commands in a menu by clicking on the Add button.
- You can create a new menu by clicking on the New button.
- In the Save In drop-down list, choose whether to save this changed menu for the application (for example, Writer) or for a selected document.
- 1)When you have finished, click OK to save your changes.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|