UX ToDo List: UX@OOo Project Tasks - OOo Product Tasks
- 1 General
- 2 Writer
- 3 Calc
- 4 Impress / Draw
- 5 Other
- 6 Even More Lists With OOo Product Related Tasks
Look&Feel needs to be overworked
Look&Feel in general needs to be overworked to a more pleasing appearance. (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...') J.S. Martin made some pretty nice sketches. Also, Trollen Lord made a sketch of the formatting and status bar. No floating box, just context sensitivity and theme -> styles -> minor manual edit options context sensitively. It should provide all the same options for users, but often with less effort and with more intuitive ui. Also the status bar has been cleared of redundant, irrelevant and confusing items (the zoom percentage is still missing from magnifier glass), giving more valuable space vertically.
Styles and Formatting not usable intuitively
The 'Styles and Formatting' floating window is not usable intuitively. The differentiation of styles and hard formatting is not obvious for a user; a solution could be the implementation of style themes (customizable). (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...')
Customizable font list
Make the fonts list customizable, so that the user only sees his favorite used fonts. (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...')
Rulers on demand
Offer the functionality of hiding the rulers and calling them temporarily if required. (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...') Also, Trollen Lord made proposals (1, 2) about possible rulers and how some parts of context sensitivity might work.
Modern Color Palette
Change the standard color palette to a modern look. That is planned. (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...')
More intuitive color management
Color management: Setting, changing or exchanging colors /color palettes is not at all intuitive. (see discussion 'My user experience with OOo...')
Selection color scheme
A new color scheme for selections in OOo. Let's get rid of simple inverted XOR white on black.
- What's needed is a competitive analysis. What's typical for other applications on Windows and Linux?
- What are the system's default selection colors for different themes?
- How do we use the selection color provided?
- Where do we apply it? eg. Text in Writer, Tables in Writer, Cells in Calc...
- What is the difference for windows with/without focus? What about tool windows?
- What about consistency with controls like text boxes and list boxes?
- What about High Contrast for A11y?
Fresh looking icons
Impress / Draw
Even More Lists With OOo Product Related Tasks
- See issues that result from our last usability test: IssueTracker query; before starting to work on any of these tasks, please contact the owner of the respective issue.
- Issues with more than 10 votes (static list 20:18, 10 April 2007 (CEST))