My name is Jason O'Neil. I'm a 21 year old, live in Perth, Australia. Studied Multimedia Design at Curtin University, which covered designing everything from graphics to websites to videos to education materials to applications. I have an interest in the usability of open office, have been using it for years and wouldn't mind sharing my thoughts on possible changes to the user interface.
Some of the thinking that has most influenced my design:
- Don't Make Me Think!, a fantastic book by Steve Krugg.
- The A List Apart Community
- Donald Norman, Particularly these books:
- Seth Godin, possibly the only marketer that I actually like.
- Probably controversial to post on the Open Office wiki, but Jensen Harris and The Story of the Ribbon documents how the Microsoft team ended up where they did with Office 2007.
- The KDE project. I got angry at their radical changes with 4.0, but now I see it as incredible foresight.
- Almost anything by google. I actually enjoy using their products.
Hopefully I'll find time, inspiration, and acceptance to benefit this project, and it's millions of users :)