Renaissance:Status Meetings:2009-11-30

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Quick Navigation


<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page
Meeting Details

  • 2009-11-30, 4:00 PM CET
  • IRC details:

In Attendance

  • Christoph Noack (IRC: christoph_n)
  • Andreas Bartel (IRC: Andreas_SunOOoUX)
  • Elizabeth Matthis (IRC: Lizm)
  • Frank Loehmann (IRC: frankl)
  • Christoph Lukasiak (IRC: clu_sun)
  • dave_largo


  • Round Table

Action Items

Comments on Action Items

Round Table

  • see IRC log


<Andreas_SunOOoUX> hello
<clu_sun> huhu
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> ok, let's start
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> there was an action item for me
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> it's done  now. you can find the results at
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> there are the current issues and topics for project Renaissance
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> issues in terms of specific tasks for upcoming releases
* christoph_n ( hat betreten
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> hi christoph
<FrankL> Hi Christoph!
<christoph_n> Hi everyone! (I'm just starting my PC, so it might take another two minutes until I' ready...)
<christoph_n> (I' -> I'm)
<FrankL> I have started to work on issue 107211 last week.
<IZBot> Presentation ENHANCEMENT NEW P3 Improve navigation in slide pane, slide view and slide sorter view.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> issue 107213
<IZBot> Presentation ENHANCEMENT NEW P3 Improve slide layouts and their handling.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> issue 107215
<IZBot> Presentation ENHANCEMENT NEW P3 Improve visual design of all different slide states in slide pane, slide sorter & task pane.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> these are the things we focus on
* CTCP VERSION von freenode-connect empfangen
* CTCP VERSION von freenode-connect empfangen
<christoph_n> Sorry for the question, do the three issues cover all planned improvements for Impress 3.3?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> not all, they include all relevant for the current work
<lizm> Is that wiki page also the place where minutes from meetings with the Impress dev will be?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> no
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> the wiki is about tracking issues
<lizm> ok.
<lizm> Then the links to relevant documentation/specs will be in the issues themselves?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> sort of. the links to the specs will be on the wiki
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> the same wiki page of course
<lizm> sounds good
<christoph_n> Yep, that's cool to be visible (and of course to ease feedback) :-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> no worries, they'll be available soon
<christoph_n> By the way, this is the official list what will be done? Because sometimes people ask what will be the next step for Ren.
<FrankL> I hope to have my first spec. out there next week.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> what do you mean by this list?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> wiki page?
<lizm> ?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> exactly
<christoph_n> The changes addressed for 3.2. We got several questions after the Ren presentation ... oh ... Liz already solved that. Thanks!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> for now this is the overview of implementation work within project renaissance
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> with issues, CWSs etc
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> ... as soon as CWSs are available
<FrankL> 3.2?
<FrankL> -> 3.3 :-)
<christoph_n> Aehm 3.3. Of course.
<lizm> Speaking of 3.3, I've begun work on a blog to post soon to draw attention to Renaissance stuff in 3.3.
<lizm> Some of you already know about my blog draft, and thx for the feedback, Christoph_n. ;-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> by the way, there will not be a garantee that everything will be finished by the next release date. we'll try to focus of quality and if things take more time to be done well, so be ot
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> it
<lizm> Quality over quantity. I'm all for it!
<christoph_n> Yep, but that something we can communicate. It's something really new ;-)
<lizm> ha ha
<FrankL> FYI: We will have our monthly status update presentation for December on Thursday this week. 
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> right.
<FrankL> better the one for November held in December ;-)
<christoph_n> Is there anything we can provide? Does it also summarize the OOoCon?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> not really about OOo con
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> more about what's next
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> the details
<christoph_n> Okay.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> ... I got nothing to add for today. roundtable?
<christoph_n> Yep.
<FrankL> OK
<lizm> so there won't be another status pres at end of Dec? It is Xmas and all.
* cabrow ( hat betreten
* cabrow ( hat verlassen
<lizm> or will there be another presentation despite the holiday/possible vacations?
<lizm> or will this be decided closer to the date?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> oooh holidays. from next week on, I am on vacation since I had to many "leftovers"
<christoph_n> Let me be your "leftover" sink ;-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> :-)
<FrankL> That's why we will restart in January with the status presentations for 2010
<lizm> good to know! I'll be away one day here and there, then completely between 24 and Jan 1
<lizm> Excellent.
<FrankL> Me too. I am on vacation from 18.12.09 - 04.01.10.
<FrankL> I have talked to Frank Mau regarding how we want to extend the Usage Feedback Program and tooling.
<christoph_n> Andreas? I didn't want to ask before, but is there a chance to discuss some Impress topics with the IBM folk?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> sure. what do you have in mind?
<christoph_n> wrt holidays: I request you to do some pictures ;-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> I planned, at leat I think so, to inform Li Ma about the wiki page
<christoph_n> Just to ask them whether there is a chance to cooperate. Basically, they may also have some good ideas. Since the issues and discriptions are public, this would be a great chance.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> but I am not sure if I did that
<christoph_n> Mmh, if you CCed me - I missed that mail (if it has been sent today)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> I guess Li Ma is a great candidate
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> I guess I forgot to send it out on Friday
<christoph_n> Cool.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> however, wiki page is now online, they can have a look
<christoph_n> So you will send the mail to give them some clues?
<lizm> maybe they are avid IRC minutes readers ;-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> i can do that
<christoph_n> Thank you. By the way...
<christoph_n> ... I just had a short look. We missed to finish the discussion concerning lizm's blog post.
<christoph_n> I like it, so may we "ship it"?
<lizm> I will finish it tomorrow and post it, including a few of your points and the links, etc. BTW clu_sun and christoph_n, when will you be on vacation? (if at all)
<christoph_n> Lizm, you just want to know when we will be fully available for ;-)
<christoph_n> From Dezember 15th to January 10th. We currently have some "planned" vacation in our company.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> the mail to li ma is send out
<christoph_n> I currently plan my trips to visit my family. Most probably, I will be near Hamburg starting January 4/5.
<lizm> oooh that means we can lure you into the Sun office ;-)
<FrankL> and can have a steak or two ;-)
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> that's what I was hopping for ;-)
<christoph_n> Do I look that simple? ;-) ;-)
<christoph_n> Hopping? On me?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> no, on the steak :-)
<FrankL> Just want to finish the User Feedback thing... Frank Mau will setup a meeting with a colleague so that we can discuss things how to extend and simplify the data/tooling. Please let me know if you have made any observations while working with the User Feedback data or tooling that should be changed or extended to make things easier.
<FrankL> Anything else for today?
<christoph_n> Mmh, would it make sense to ask some "fresh" guys (using the tracking, like QA) to ask then whether there is something which makes it hard to start?
<FrankL> I think currently the learning curve is a wall :-)
<christoph_n> Red bricks?
<FrankL> Let me see...
<FrankL> ...yes!
<christoph_n> Okay. Then it might be useful to build a Great Wall to separate users from developers :-)
<christoph_n> (Kidding.)
<lizm> no walls please. The world has enough of them. I like doors. (not windows ;-) )
<christoph_n> We obey your orders. :-)
<christoph_n> That all (from my side)...
<FrankL> I also want to make progress regarding the public available tooling for OOo.
<lizm> anyway, I am glad Frank is continually working  with dev on improving the feedback tooling. Thx Frank! The User Feedback data is invaluable.
<FrankL> Thats (w)all from side for today.
<lizm> Can I ask when our last meetin on IRC will be?
<lizm> Due to vac and such it looks like next week will take place.
<FrankL> for this year?
<lizm> yes
<FrankL> Next two weeks I think. 
<lizm> will 14th be the last one?
<lizm> Good, then we'll not have the IRC meetin on Dec 21 or 28 and resume in Jan
<FrankL> Yes.
<christoph_n> Thank you.
<lizm> Wonderful. then there is nothing more from me today.
<lizm> Good bye all. It was a pleasure as usual.
<FrankL> Bye!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> bye bye
<christoph_n> Bye bye.
Personal tools