Renaissance:Status Meetings:2009-11-16

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Quick Navigation


<< Back to Renaissance Status Minutes Page
Meeting Details

  • 2009-11-16, 4:00 PM CET
  • IRC details:

In Attendance

  • Christoph Noack (IRC: christoph_n)
  • Andreas Bartel (IRC: Andreas_SunOOoUX)
  • Elizabeth Matthis (IRC: Lizm)
  • Frank Loehmann (IRC: frankl)
  • Christoph Lukasiak (IRC: clu_sun)
  • dave_largo
  • JaronBaron


  • Round Table

Action Items

Comments on Action Items

Round Table

  • see IRC log


<Andreas_SunOOoUX> hello!
-NickServ- This nickname is registered. Please choose a different nickname, or identify via /msg NickServ identify <password>.
* ChanServ (ChanServ@services.) hat betreten
* gibt Op-Status an ChanServ
* ChanServ gibt Op-Status an FrankL
* clu_sun (n=cl114686@nat/sun/x-upzxcuhmzbrbudtf) hat betreten
<FrankL> Any special topics for today?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> not really, we just have 2 things that are going to be important in what's to come for project renaissance
-christel- [Global Notice] Hi all, Sorry for the services flapping, I think I have pinpointed the relevant module but not the actual crash (gdb with trace leaves me with 25K lines to look through!) -- to cause less disruptance I have unloaded the affected module, there will be no noticeable changes for end users, only staff usage of services. Apologies for the inconvenience and have a good day.
<FrankL> ?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> ??
<FrankL> izbot insult -christel-
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> well, whatever. don't know who or wat that was
<FrankL> So let us start anyway
<FrankL> We are currently preparing the next step of the Renaissance project. 
* lizm (n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-djfiocmqmgsbhzou) hat betreten
<FrankL> Hi Liz!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> hi liz!
<clu_sun> hi liz
<FrankL> We are currently preparing the next step of the Renaissance project. 
<FrankL> We will focus on Impress as presented on the OOoCon.
<lizm> hi
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> this week we will check together with the impress team which issues we will be able to work on during the next weeks/months
<lizm> sounds good
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> we need to know what is "doable" in a certain amount of time
<FrankL> Details will be published soon. 
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> in parallel we will work on a feedback channel for our customers.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> with the aim to find out which issues bug them most
<lizm> What do you mean with feedback channel?
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> probably some sort of stakeholder interviewing
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> i have a call in appr. two weeks with one customer
<lizm> I also have contact to a company who is now deploying OOo (ca 15000 seats or so) and would likely allow interviews, etc.
<FrankL> I have done an extensive search of selection related Impress issues. I have found already existing issues for many things we are currently working on for Impress and found some additional ones too.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> great job!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> in addition we've been scanning customer escalations and requests for related issues.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> there is little about Impress, but from now on we will rescan monthly
* JaronBaron ( hat betreten
<lizm> Hi Jaron!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> hey jaron!
<JaronBaron> hello
<JaronBaron> looks like I was late ;-)
<clu_sun> i am late too .. hi jaron!
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> maybe one more thing. during ooo con we've been in discussions with the Symphony UI team, Li Ma in particular. we have decided that we will try to collaborate more where it's possible.
<Andreas_SunOOoUX> that's it from me today
* christoph_n ( hat betreten
<FrankL> I have nothing to add for today, but please have a look at:
<FrankL> It's about the UX Team on the OOoCon. Thanks to Christoph for his Time Machine.
Personal tools