Performance/Performance Work 2005
|About this template|
The work on OpenOffice.org 2.0 started in 2003.
All people concentrated on many great new features, but unfortunately nobody was tracking the performance of OOo.
The performance regressions became so big that we started to work with some people on performance improvements, with the goal to have similar performance like in OOo 1.1.
Here is some historical data from 2005.
I have used StarOffice to collect the data, but it should be the same for OpenOffice.org. StarOffice 7 is based on OOo 1.1, while StarOffice 8 is based on OOo 2.0.
I stopped collecting the data with OOo 2.0 final, but of course the work on performance didn't stop then.
A list of further improvements can be found here.