Education Project/Effort/Various adaptations on Sugar
- create a planning
- create a Gantt diagram
- create Valgrind use with OpenOffice.org and assimilated documentation
- create school cases
Phase 1 : preliminary
- Install the tools
- Compile OpenOffice.org
- Then compile OOo4Kids
- Document Valgrind and gdb use and tracing
Phase 2 "Sugarisation"
- Present Sugar (and document what is important in the study)
- Adapt OOo4Kids to the XO machines, and to the Sugar OS
- Describe the specs to transform an single application in an installable application, everything under Sugar (packaging, tools, to do)
Phase 3 Profiling ( working on OOo4Kids only)
- Present Valgrind (on Linux)
- Present some examples of Valgrind use
- Improve the speed of the software regarding its perfs ( cold startup, precise trace at execution time ... and so on)
- Application to OOo4Kids : based on a case study where 100% of load is measured at opening, present at least one measurable improvement per students. Better: if the changes can be backported to OOo.
Tools : gdb, gcc , g++ , Valgrind
Phase 4 UI
3) Work on improve the UI
- User Interface discovery
- describe how menus work, same for toolbars
Objective : one validated, or defined in a spec, improvement per student is expected.
Example : add a password in the prefs, to avoid children modifying everything
Report : made continuously, this ddocument must be made in english.