Working with Text
This chapter covers the basics of working with text in Writer, the word-processing component of OpenOffice.org (OOo). It assumes that you are familiar with the use of a mouse and keyboard and that you have read about Writer's menus and toolbars and other topics covered in Chapter 1 (Introducing Writer).
We recommend that you also follow the suggestions in Chapter 2 (Setting up Writer), about displaying formatting aids such as end-of-paragraph marks and selecting other setup options.
When you have read this chapter, you should know how to:
- Select, cut, copy, paste, and move text
- Find and replace text
- Insert special characters
- Format paragraphs and characters
- Create numbered or bulleted lists
- Check spelling, use the thesaurus, and choose hyphenation options
- Use the autocorrection, word completion, autotext, and line numbering features
- Track changes and undo and redo changes
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|