An extension is a package that can be installed into OpenOffice.org to add new functionality. Extensions can be written in almost any programming language and may be simple or sophisticated. Extensions can be grouped into types:
- Calc Add-Ins, which provide new functionality for Calc, including new functions that act like normal built-in functions
- New components and functionality, which normally include some level of UI integration such as new menus or toolbars
- Data pilots that are used directly in Calc
- Chart Add-Ins with new chart types
- Linguistic components such as spell checkers
- Document templates and images
Although individual extensions can be found in different places, there is an extension repository at: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/.
To learn more about extensions, see Chapter 14 (Customizing OpenOffice.org).
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).|