Setting a default template
If you create a document by choosing File > New > Text Document (or Spreadsheet, Presentation, or Drawing) from the main menu, OOo creates the document from the Default template for that type of document. You can, however, set a custom template to be the default. You can reset the default later if you choose.
Setting a custom template as the default
You can set any template to be the default, as long as it is in one of the folders displayed in the Template Management dialog.
To set a custom template as the default:
- From the main menu, choose File > Templates > Organize. The Template Management dialog opens.
- In the box on the left, select the folder containing the template that you want to set as the default, then select the template.
- Click the Commands button and choose Set As Default Template from the drop-down menu.
The next time that you create a document by choosing File > New, the document will be created from this template.
Although many important settings can be changed in the Options dialog Setting up and Customizing Calc, for example default fonts and page size, more advanced settings (such as page margins) can only be changed by replacing the default template with a new one.
Resetting the default template
To re-enable OOo’s Default template for spreadsheets as the default:
- In the Template Management dialog, click any folder in the box on the left.
- Click the Commands button and choose Reset Default Template > Spreadsheet from the drop-down menu.
The next time that you create a spreadsheet by choosing File > New, the document will be created from OOo’s Default template for spreadsheets.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).