Adding comments to changes
Calc automatically adds to any recorded change a comment describing what was changed (for example, Cell B4 changed from ‘9’ to ‘4’). Reviewers and authors can add their comments to explain their changes.
To add a comment to a change:
- Make the change to the spreadsheet.
- Select the cell with the change.
- Choose Edit > Changes > Comments. The dialog shown below appears. The automatically-added comment provided by Calc appears in the title bar of this dialog and cannot be edited.
- Type your own comment and click OK.
|You can step through your changes one at a time using the left and right arrows on the right hand side of the Comment dialog, and add comments to each change. The title bar for the Comment dialog shows the cell and the change you are commenting on.
After you have added a comment to a changed cell, you can see it by hovering the mouse pointer over the cell.
The comment also appears in the dialog when you are accepting and rejecting changes.
Editing change comments
- Select the cell with the comment that you want to edit.
- Select Edit > Changes > Comments.
- Edit the comment and click OK.
|You can view your comments one at a time using the left and right arrows on the right hand side of the Comment dialog. You do not need to click OK after editing each comment; you can save them all at once when you’re done editing.
|Content on this page is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution 3.0 license (CC-BY).