Documentation/How Tos/Calc: OCT2BIN function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
< Documentation | How Tos
- Number Conversion Functions
Converts a octal number to binary.
This function is only available if the Analysis AddIn is installed.
- returns text representing a binary number, given octalnumber, which may be text, or a number (taken to be octal although it is not).
- The binary number returned may have up to ten bits in two's complement representation; positive numbers are 0 to 111111111 (nine bits representing 0 to 511 decimal) and negative numbers 1111111111 to 1000000000 (ten bits representing -1 to -512 decimal).
- octalnumber must therefore also lie in this range, and is given in twos complement form with up to ten digits.
- numdigits is an optional number specifying the number of digits to return.
- returns 1100 as text.
- returns 1100 as text. The number 10 is read as octal.
- returns 0010 as text. OCT2BIN adds leading zeroes to make 4 digits.
- returns 1111111110 as text (twos complement representation of decimal -2).