Cpp Coding Standards/FIMPL
Function Implementation (FIMPL) - Summary
Issues when implementing function bodies.
Short Functions (Short)
Make functions short.
Consider replacing comments by function calls. Consider to flatten deep nested control structures by moving parts of them in extra functions. Consider moving complicated loop bodies into extra functions. Put repeated code snippets in an extra function. -> Details
No Magic Numbers (MagNum)
Don't use unnamed constants in your code. Give them a descriptive name. The definition is prefered in the headers -> Details
Default in switch Statements (DefSwitch)
Don't just drop out of a switch statement, always provide a default case or a comment, why it is not needed.
Comment missing breaks.
No Catch All (Catch)
Avoid catch(...). -> Details
- CLSINIT:NoVirt - No Virtual Calls in Constructor or Destructor
- FDESIGN:OneTask - One Task
- GEN – all items
- OBSOLETE:Stack - Prefer Allocation from Stack
- OBSOLETE:NoMacro - No Old Macros
- STL:Algo - Prefer the STL Algorithms