From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
OpenOffice.org Bug Bounty Programme
For the 2009 programm, go to OpenOffice.org_Internship.
Join the OpenOffice.org Bounty Hunters!
- The Bounty Programme will start on September 15th and will finish either on December 15th 2008, or when the total bounty money (10000 €) has been spent, whichever comes first.
- The Programme will pay a minimum of 33 € (about 50$) for every bug fixed.
Why are we doing this?
- to clear up outstanding bugs
- to encourage code contributions (e.g. bug fixes) :-)
- to attract new developers, make it easier to join. Participate!
How to apply
Trivial, "no brainers" are excluded from the Programme. To make sure your work will qualify:
- propose a bug fix on BugBountyProgram/Issues wiki page
- wait for any DomainDeveloper to confirm that this is a non-trivial fix
- a domain developer can also propose a higher payment of 33, 100, 200 or 500 € according to the difficulty of the bug fix.
Terms & Conditions
- Your bug fix has to be integrated into the development code line, either via cws or via patch gateway of an established contributor
- You must have a PayPal account to receive any payment
- Once your work for a BugFix has been completed, the email@example.com has to be notified for further processing.
- By entering, you are certifying you are eligible to take part and that it is legal for you to do so
- By entering, you accept that the decision of the Programme team is final
- Code received after the Bounty is exhausted will not be liable for a payment, so get your entries in early!