User Experience/Events/User Experience Done Live 2009
User Experience Done Live!
Are you a developer in the context of OpenOffice.org? Great! Will you be attending the OpenOffice.org Conference 2009 in Orvieto, Italy? Even better!
You and everyone interested in User Experience (UX) design are invited to participate in this UX workshop.
Bring your questions which have impact on usability to be worked on "live" - supported by the members of the User Experience team. Together we will identify potential issues and develop promising interaction designs to even better satisfy your users' needs.
During the 1,5 hour workshop, we want to take a look at 3 to 5 different topics. For each topic, we will start with getting familiar with the context. To do this, we will take a brief look at the current status of the topic which you or someone else has submitted for use at the workshop. You may either present questions or tell us what deliverables we should aim for. This will be our starting point for working on your topic “live” with the help of everyone attending the workshop.
Each participant is invited to sketch, annotate, discuss ... We, members of the User Experience project, will lead the discussion and use our expertise to demonstrate how usability work can be done. We will also have real usage data from OpenOffice.org at hand to use when looking at design ideas.
The goal of the workshop is to provide a ready-to-serve solution for your topic, or at least provide a good basis for you to continue your work.
We require some information in advance to prepare for the workshop:
- Please give us a description of the topic you are working on. For example: ideas for creating or improving an extension, website development, tools development, informational graphic design, etc.
- Tell us your goal for the workshop: We would like to make sure that the question can be understood by the participants quite easily, so that we can get right into it at the workshop.
- Your OpenOffice.org user name: If we need to contact you, this can be easily done with your user name. For example, if your OpenOffice.org mail address is ”firstname.lastname@example.org”, then “genius” is the user name. (To avoid spam, please do not write full email addresses)
What must you bring with you to the workshop?
- Material to explain the context (e.g. a very short presentation with ideas, sketches, early screenshots)
- Your self :-)
In the workshop, we will provide a computer featuring OSS software (OpenOffice.org, Inkscape, The Gimp, …).
If possible, please bring your computer with you (including internet connection).
Place and Time
Please note that the given information is preliminary. According to the conference organizers, the schedule might still change.
|Title:||UX Workshop II - User Experience Done "Live" Based on Expertise and Usage Data|
|Building:||Palazzo dei Sette|
|Time:||2009-11-05, 05:15 PM ... 07:00 PM|
Material and Presentation
- Proposed procedure and workshop topics (Impress presentation document, PDF document)
- User feedback program data evaluation (Impress presentation document, PDF document)
Here is additional information about the workshop, related presentations at the OooCon and the project we work in:
OOo Conference Program
- This workshop: UX Workshop II - User Experience Done "Live" Based on Expertise and Usage Data
- Another UX presentation: Getting usagetracking data, technical and security aspects and a look in the future how to provide the data
- Another UX workshop: UX Workshop I - The role and the methods of user experience in product design
OpenOffice.org Usability in General
We would like to take a look at several different topics, so there might not be a final result for each question, but at least a first step toward a solution. If you would like, we may continue any discussion on your topic after the conference on the User Experience mailing lists