- 1 American Library Association national conference
- 1.1 Goals
- 1.2 Staffing
- 1.3 Booth - Content - Material
- 1.4 Cost
American Library Association national conference
Location: Washington, DC
Date: June 24-29, 2010
Introduce OpenOffice.org specifically and FOSS generally
How do we ensure that we reach decision makers?
Reach out to interested parties in advance, let them know we will be there
- ALA has a group: LITA Open Source Interest Group (advocates) http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/lita/litamembership/litaigs/opensourcesystem/opensourcesystems.cfm
- Bibliomation, Inc member-driven, non-profit organization that provides for the technological and automation needs of over 40 public libraries and 24 K-12 schools throughout Connecticut.
- open source systems for libraries
- Contact -
- Blog for Library Technology University of Michigan Library
- Code4Lib Journal
- Open Source for America, Education Working Group
- Other groups?
Inform media of our presence
- Linux Journal (Rikki)
- Full Circle Magazine ( ? )
- Multi-Media & Internet at schools ( ? ) Focus is k-12 grade (OOo4Kids demo in booth?)
Convey the fitness of OpenOffice.org for use in a Library setting
Use by patrons at kiosks
Use by library staff
~20,000 attendees 01/14/09 - According to organizers and based on the last couple events, last year, they expect attendance between 21,000 and 23,000.
How many folks do we really need?
If we have a core confirmed group and a larger 'might' group can this core group be smaller then our 'need' estimate above?
How much would OO.o need to subsidize and/or how much could they?
Those that will commit to be there
Marino Marcich (ODFAlliance)
Committed to attend, with housing arrangements fnalized (understood) and availabe dates/times confirmed.
Russell, Drew, Joyce (available 6/24 - 6/29)
Booth - Content - Material
EXHIBITION SCHEDULE (Final)
| MOVE IN
| Thursday, June 24
|| 8:00 am – 5:00 pm |
| Friday, June 25
|| 8:00 am – 3:00 pm [our move in]|
|SHOW DAYS|| |
|Friday, June 25||5:15 pm – 7:30 pm|
|Saturday, June 26||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Sunday, June 27||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Monday, June 28||9:00 am – 4:00 pm|
|MOVE OUT|| |
|Monday, June 28|| 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm [our move out]|
|Tuesday, June 29||8:00 am – 12 noon|
We will be agreeing to keep the booth up and staffedfor all show dates and times. (just in case that needed repeating :>)
We need to include 8 booth locations on the registration.
Suggeston for booth location ?
Library 2.0 / Technology
Booth# 911, 915, 1010, 1014, 1011, 1106, 1105, 1208
(first page on overlay)
University Press / Library 2.0
Booth # 2432, 2434, 2437, 2439, 911, 915, 1010, 1014
(second page on overlay)
ALA Conference Newspaper - Tabloid, recycled newspaper stock, multi-page, dstributed daily inside conference and outside, by hand, during AM/PM commute times at conference center METRO entrance.
1/4 page add:
1 day - $850.00
All show dates - $1,350.00
15% discount w/ delivery of camera-ready artwork, Black/White only
- Organizers will gurantee us placement on a page w/no more then 2 quarter page ads, total add space, should we take the full show date package.
- I do not have the actual date for art work submittle at this moment.
10 X 10 booth vs Press table ( Need decision )
01/14/10 Spoke with Richard Widick (ALA expo organizer).
- The final registration date 1/29 can be flexible.
- First round of booth assignments will happen this week.
- Technology pavilion on floor should have good booths left. (He will email as soon as the updated floor map is available.) Good here means closest to the Assitive Technology pavilion - other words, not in the corner.
- Running a wifi network in the booth for electronic distribution of product and services to attendees is allowable.
- We may not offer gateway to outside services (no internet access)
- Broadcast network name: OpenOffice.org-ALA-2010
File:Booth.odg just a doodle - something to start from
Banner : Andy brown to take responsibilty.
Display / Hand-out
Andy Brown has offered to supply OO.o CD's for distribution.
OOoAuthors will furnish, at no cost, printed copies of OOo user guides available for display at the booth. (Cost will be covered by the publisher of the printed books,
Friends of OpenDocument Inc..)
A flyer titled "OpenDocument for Libraries and Archives" is available in ODT and PDF versions, linked from this page: http://opendocumentfellowship.com/libraries. If someone can get these printed in the USA, either Friends of OpenDocument Inc. or the OpenDocument Fellowship will cover the printing cost. Contact Jean Hollis Weber about where to submit the invoice.
WorldLabel.com has offered office supplies (paper/labels) for complimentary distribution.
(spread sheet here...but till)
Press table = $800
Booth = $2,025