|Please do not edit this page unless you are on the Renaissance team. Your feedback and comments are welcomed on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.|
Welcome to the wiki of the OpenOffice.org Renaissance Project.
“Create a User Interface so that OpenOffice.org becomes the users' choice not only out of need, but also out of desire”
- The problem statement - What are the challenges of the current User Interface?
- The mission statement - What is our mission?
- The goal statement - What we plan to achieve.
- The scope - What is the focus of this project?
- The roadmap - How do we plan to proceed?
- Research - Know and understand OpenOffice.org users to better meet their needs.
- Design - Generate and accumulate design ideas to create prototypes based on valid data.
- Evaluate - Evaluate promissing solutions.
Project Action Items
|Phase item / Description||Owner||Status||Results||Outcome||Compete||Due Date|
|OpenOffice.org user survey / OpenOffice.org User Survey Results 2008.||FL/CJ||in progress||- Survey Results||90%||January 2009|
|IsoMetrics Results / IsoMetrics-S Survey Results from VBG.||AB||in progress||- IsoMetrics Results||End of January 2009|
|ODF document analysis with ODFTOOLKIT / First attempt to create an ODF analyzer.||AB||in progress||- ODF document analysis with ODFTOOLKIT||10%|
|enhance OpenOffice.org user survey to ask users for tasks they do with OOo||FL||in progress||20%||End of January 2009|
|Usage tracking (3.0.1 release)||CJ||in progress||80%||End of January 2009|
|Usage tracking (3.1 release)||CJ||in progress||50%||same as OOo 3.1 release|
|Ethnogrphic interviews||AB||new||Mid of April 2009|
|CA (Competitive Analysis)||BH||in progress||20%||Mid of March 2009|
|Community feedback||in progress||unsorted Feedback on mailing list email@example.com|
|Site visits, user and customer satisfaction|
- The Team - The People Behind Project Renaissance
- Presentations - Presentations
- Status Meetings - Renaissance Status Meetings
- Press Coverage - Project Renaissance Press Coverage
- User Experience Books - Valuable literature on User Experience topics
- User Experience Sites - Valuable links to User Experience sites
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Frequently Asked Questions - Answers on Frequently Asked Questions
How You Can Help
- You may join the UX project, just have a look at How To Join.
- A first contact to the team can be established in the IRC chat at #ux.openoffice.org on irc.freenode.net.
- Join the weekly status meetings. The meeting takes place on IRC at #ux.openoffice.org on irc.freenode.net. The meetings is scheduled for 4pm CET.
Share your cool user interface ideas on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Actual Requests For Enhancements or Bugs with the keyword Usability.