Difference between revisions of "MediaWiki Extension Meetings"
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
; Project Scope Statement
; Project Scope Statement
: started at [[
: started at [[MediaWiki Extension ]]
Revision as of 10:26, 6 September 2007
20/27-Sep-2007, 10:30am, Santa Clara :: Next Meeting after OOoCon
Matthias, Mikhail, Éric, Uwe
- Realistic Concept
- State of MediaWiki Extension Use Cases
- Effort Estimation
6-Sep-2007, 10:30am, Santa Clara :: Next Meeting
Matthias, Mikhail, Éric
- Mail Alias
- We will use firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com. The traffic is more or less the same, but by using firstname.lastname@example.org we are more visible for other extension team.
- Project Scope Statement
- started at MediaWiki Extension Project Scope Statement
- started at Specification
- MediaWiki Extension Use Cases / Template Support
- For the creation of WikiReaders import templates are a useful feature. Furthermore, they help to prevent the user's disorientation by enhancing the visual mapping between MediaWiki and OOo document.
- We will support templates (.ott) that is used for Wiki imports. The template can be customized. If not available, a standard empty document is created. The extension will contain a MediaWiki template that resembles the styles of MediaWiki.
- CVS / CWS / OXT
- name of CWS is SRC680/wikiext01, owner is Mikhail, QA Rep is Éric
- no update from Martin where/how we can place the OXT files during alpha and beta.
16-Aug-2007 :: Kick Off
Matthias, Mikhail, Éric, Uwe, Mathias
- Kick Off of new iTeam
- Matthias (lead and user experience)
- Mikhail (development)
- Uwe (documentation)
- Éric (QA)
- Other roles: Mathias & Lutz (sponsor)
- Concept - What is desired? What do we want to accomplish?
- Status Quo - What is the state of the project?
- Open Source Approach
- Roadmap - The extension is key for OOo3.
- Effort - How much time can be spent on the project?
- Realistic Concept - What is feasible for the first release?
- Next steps
- Provide an extension to create and edit MediaWiki articles with OpenOffice.org
- We will add commands to the File menu and the toolbar. The Options dialog gets an additional panel, and About box is displayed via the Help menu.
- Base line is at least OOo 2.4.
- L10n is big rule languages.
- The MediaWiki extension will use the new OOo 2.3 MediaWiki export Filter for creating WikiText.
- Import will be a heuristic of scaping the HTML with additional hints from the WikiText.
- Effort and Realistic Concept
- Postponed to future meeting
- Open Source
- This is an open source project; hence we communicate and develop in public.
- Ready for QA has to be in December 2007
- January 2008 is QA Approval
- Action Items
- see MediaWiki Extension Action Items