From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Revision as of 22:04, 6 February 2009 by Goranrakic
OpenOffice.org Bug Bounty Programme
Join the OpenOffice.org Bounty Hunters!
- The Bounty Programme will start on September 15th and will finish either on December 15th 2008, or when the total bounty money (10000 €) has been spent, whichever comes first.
- The Programme will pay a minimum of 33 € (about 50$) for every bug fixed.
Why are we doing this?
- to clear up outstanding bugs
- to encourage code contributions (e.g. bug fixes) :-)
- to attract new developers (students and pupils). 'To be discussed:' Sorry, professional software developers or existing contributors are not eligible for the Programme. 'or' People working on OpenOffice.org code development fulltime are not eligible for participation.
How to apply
Trivial, "no brainers" are excluded from the Programme. To make sure your work will qualify:
- propose a bug fix on BugBountyProgram/Issues wiki page
- wait for any DomainDeveloper to confirm that this is a non-trivial fix
- a domain developer can also propose a higher payment of 33, 100, 200 or 500 € according to the difficulty of the bug fix.
Terms & Conditions
- Your bug fix has to be integrated into the development code line, either via cws or via patch gateway of an established contributor
- You must have a PayPal account to receive any payment
- Once your work for a BugFix has been completed, the email@example.com has to be notified for further processing.
- By entering, you are certifying you are eligible to take part and that it is legal for you to do so
- By entering, you accept that the decision of the Programme team is final
- Code received after the Bounty is exhausted will not be liable for a payment, so get your entries in early!