Using the field function
From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
In documents, you can create pre-defined fields or additional fields by selecting other options.
When you want to create fields, you have the following options:
- Click and then select the pre-defined field that you want to create.
- Click Fields window is displayed. if you want to select additional options for fields. The
- You have the following optional fields to select:
- Document and DocInformation
- The information might be pulled from User Data, such as Author name or initials, and from File Properties, such as the file name and statistics.
- Cross references are extremely useful when composing a long document with internal link and reference relationship. For example, a product specification with diagrams, or a book with charts.
- The fields allow you to assign conditions to certain functions.
- Variable fields let you add dynamic content to your document. For example, you can use a variable to reset the page numbering.
- The Database field allows you to insert the name of the database table that is selected in the Database selection field.