From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
- Irish Native Language Project Lead
- Home Page. I am the Director of the Computer Science program at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
- Born 11 May 1970 in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Married, with two children.
- Lingucomponent Project. I've been working on open source language technology for minority languages, including Irish, since about 2000. I have a Grammar checking engine that I hope to integrate into OOo when a grammar-checking API is settled on. I also helped create the myspell dictionaries for Azeri, Chichewa, Irish, Kashubian, Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Kurdish, Luxembourgish, Malagasy, Mongolian, Scottish Gaelic, Setswana, Tagalog, and Tetum using web crawling and statistical methods. I'm also interested in Machine Translation.
- I began translating OOo to Irish on my own in 2004. Fortunately I have gotten substantial help from a number of volunteers over the past several months, and we hope to have a completely translated 2.1 release.