Joerg Skottke (JSK aka Skotti) - Responsibilities:
QA Automation of the framework component
- FileOpen/FileSave/Filters/OLE Names
- Extras (Templates, Autotext, Labels, Styles)
- BASIC/BASIC IDE
- Scripting Framework
- Extension Manager UI / unopkg
- XML/Macro security
- IRC: irc.freenode.net in the #qa.openoffice.org channel
- E-Mail: Joerg dot Skottke at Sun dot com.
- Microsoft® Windows® Terminal Services
- Citrix® MetaFrame®/Presentation Server®
- ooQAReloaded project (OOo QA Website)
- Customer related tasks
- Emerging technologies, focus on new Linux developments and Office compatibility
- OS/2 and eComStation and the currently emerging port of OOo 2.4. Get it from Mensys
- Linux distributions in general (always on the bleeding egde - Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Slackware ...)
- C coding 4 fun - current project: BasTool, a swiss army knife to ease working with the Testtool environment without the need of a sophisticated database infrastructure and heavy weight Java applications (non public)
- QA for OOo/2 the OpenOffice.org port for OS/2 and eComStation (for any questions please go to commTalk, a forum for computer users (mainly german))
- Aikido (A martial arts style that is very elegant and aims at not hurting the opponent)
- Biking (Mountain Bikes are very useful in the lowlands of northern Germany)
- Drawing snails. Hey, everyone has a spleen, right? I'm just taking advantage of the circumstances - we've got whiteboards and an almost unlimited supply of whiteboard markers. The snail's name is Louisa. Louisa Gleitmeier.
And while we're at it: Did you know that german snails are far better off than english/american ones? German snails have a house, english snails only have a shell. That's luxury!
If you absolutely have to kill the snails in your garden you could try with politeness: Offer them coffee. Or - more easy still - just take a pack of coffee powder and spread it all over your garden. Best trick ever.
"Don Quixote invented a special sort of desparation. Doing QA is the fifth generation successor to this."