Voice your opinion on the Marketing wiki.
Please try to keep the length of your opinion to two lines of text and add your name first!
- Steven Pauwels I really like the intensity that showed in the list when this was started :). I'll work on presenting my ideas on marketing support and post them.
- Chad Smith I hope that this Wiki becomes the hub of the Marketing project.
- Sigrid Kronenberger I think, this wiki a a really good chance, to involve more users to the Marketing Project. I hope that this wiki is constantly used and that a lot of work can be done with all the collaborative work here and the different lists.
- The Digital Pioneer This wiki is a great idea. I've been wanting a better way to find art projects that I think I could contribute to for a long time (well... sort of).
- Cristian Driga OK. So, what would push OOo's product recognition and adoption further these days ? Write your craziest ideas here Brainstorm-What would push OOo further. (Small sections of 1-2 paragraphs with username/timestamp.) Who gives the first shot ? :-)
- Jeff Causey I have added a page for the Strategic Marketing Plan. Feel free to help, though it will probably be good practice for me.
- Cristian Driga Jeff, please announce on the list and everybody, please try to follow a naming convention for pages under marketing (like the one recommended in the Instructions ?). By doing a search I discovered that John already started creating a page for Strategic Marketing Plan but did not linked anywhere and did not announced yet. See Marketing/SMP/Introduction
- James Walker I would like to see a page with a list of active people on the marketing project. Kind of a get to know the team type page.
- Cristian Driga - James, I have added such a list: Marketing Volunteers List
- Cristian Driga - I have created the Drafts category and renamed the Incubator to Drafts as discussed on the list. See Marketing index page for links there.
Suggestions for changes to Marketing section
I use MediaWiki software for a lot of different projects, and am familiar with a variety of implementations/purposes. I have some suggestions on the protocols outlined in the guidelines section of Marketing. I believe that if implemented, contributing to the wiki will be easier.
Please consider the suggestions indivdiually, so that they can be implemented if there is no dissent.
--RealGrouchy 05:35, 21 February 2006 (CET)
Names of pages
Firstly, we should be using [[Marketing/Pagename]], not [[Marketing--Pagename]], as the former is recognized by the Wiki software as being a subpage of [[Marketing]]. That way, a link to Marketing will be created automatically at the top of each page that is thusly formatted. (Incidentally, there are a lot of pages that aren't following this which I can fix soon if there is a desire for me to do so).
UPDATE 07:23, 23 February 2006 (CET)
- Following my previous suggestions, which were generally unopposed, I made some changes to the Marketing page:
- Removed all those ugly links: Many were just a list of sections on m.OO.o, and were therefore redundant to it. Many also were redundant to the new Marketing template.
- Refocused intent of page: Following recent discussions, I changed the page to reflect the consensus(?) that the wiki is for development of pages only, so not for general visitors (as with the above-mentioned links), and not to act as a storage place for resources.
- Revised editing instructions: The previous "ask, wait for consensus, then create the page" goes against the idea of a Wiki. These instructions were likely because of general unfamiliarity with Wiki technology. I have revised the instructions to encourage people to contribute without so many cumbersome steps. If there are minor problems, they can be fixed individually. If it becomes a general problem, we can revert to previous instructions.
- RealGrouchy 07:23, 23 February 2006 (CET)
Version timestamps for wiki pages
UPDATED RealGrouchy 19:53, 23 February 2006 (CET):
I have created a template at Template:Dummy for help in tracking differences between the wiki versions of website pages and the most recent version on the website. Instructions and more details are available at Template_talk:Dummy.
This will help us work on existing m.OO.o pages on the wiki.
- RealGrouchy 19:53, 23 February 2006 (CET)
Let me know if i can do anything to help out --Joer80 22:18, 20 July 2006 (CEST)