Setup - Bundled Extensions
Setup - Bundled/Integrated Extensions
|Last Change||Jun 17, 2010|
Integrated extensions - such as dictionaries for spell checking - will be displayed in the OOo installer module selection (during custom installation). This allows users to gain more control over what will be installed on their system. At the same time, managing such extensions (remove, update) will be moved from the extension manager into the application installer.
|Reference Document||Check||Location (URL)|
|Product Requirement, RFE, Issue ID (required)||[available]||http://www.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=112404|
|Test case specification (required)||[available]||http://www.openoffice.org/nonav/issues/showattachment.cgi/70050/Bundled%20Extensions.html|
|Quality Assurance||Olaf Felkaemail@example.com|
This document distinguishes between bundled extensions and integrated extensions.
- The extension package is co-located with the main product installer. This can be in a separate directory, next to the installer, or on an additional medium.
- There is no integration into the installation process of the main product.
- The purpose of bundled extensions is to achieve a moderate level of convenience for users, and to add value to the overall product bundling.
- The extension is part of the installation package of the main application. It is installed via the main product installer.
- The purpose of integrated extensions is to add functionality to the main product, while maintaining the flexibility given by extensions.
- Typical integrated extensions - such as dictionaries for spell checking - will be displayed in the OOo installer module selection (during custom installation).
- On Windows and Unix, user can de-select items; on Mac, all items will be installed
- At the same time, managing integrated extensions (remove, update) will be removed from the Extension Manager and put into the application installer.
- Integrated extensions shall not ping for updates. Any update available will be deployed exclusively via later releases of the main product OOo.
Display of Dictionaries:
- Location in setup: Optional Components, #1 after Java
- Module name: Dictionaries
- Module description: Spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesauri
- Default: ON (incl. all sub-modules, according to spellchecker selection per language specific installation set)
- Sub-modules: See list below.
Note: The set of dictionaries actually included in a language specific installation set – or in a multi language set – does not change. The following list just enlists all dictionary languages possibly shipped in OOo.
The set of languages display in setup should be sorted alphabetically by Module name.
|Language||Module Name||Module description|
|af||Afrikaans||Afrikaans spell checker|
|pt||Brazilian Portuguese||Brazilian Portuguese Spelling Dictionary - 1990 Spelling Agreement|
|ca||Catalan||Spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus for Catalan language (general)|
|da||Danish||Spelling and hyphenation dictionary for Danish|
|nl||Dutch||Dutch spelling and hyphenation dictionaries|
|en-US||English||English spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus|
|et||Estonian||Estonian spelling and hyphenation dictionaries|
|fr||French||French "Classic and Reform 1990" spelling, thesaurus and hyphenation|
|gl||Galician||Galician spellchecker dictionary for OpenOffice.org|
|de-AT||German (Austria)||German (AT-frami) spelling, hyphenation, thesaurus|
|de-DE||German (Germany)||German (DE-frami) spelling, hyphenation, thesaurus|
|de-CH||German (Switzerland)||German (CH-frami) spelling, hyphenation, thesaurus|
|he||Hebrew||Hebrew spell check dictionary|
|hu||Hungarian||Hungarian spelling dictionary, hyphenation patterns, and thesaurus|
|it||Italian||Italian spelling and hyphenation dictionaries and thesaurus|
|ku-TR||Kurdish (Turkey)||Kurdish (Turkey) spell check dictionary|
|lt||Lithuanian||Lithuanian spelling and hyphenation dictionaries|
|ne||Nepali||Nepali spelling dictionary and thesaurus|
|no||Norwegian||Norwegian dictionaries (Nynorsk and Bokmål)|
|pl||Polish||Polish spell check dictionary, hyphenation rules and thesaurus|
|ru||Russian||Russian hyphenation dictionary and thesaurus|
|sr||Serbian||Serbian spelling and hyphenation dictionaries|
|sk||Slovak||Slovak spell check dictionary, hyphenation rules and thesaurus|
|sl||Slovenian||Slovenian dictionary pack|
|es||Spanish||Spanish spelling dictionary|
|sw||Swahili||Swahili spelling dictionary|
|th||Thai||Thai spelling dictionary|
|vi||Vietnamese||Vietnamese spellchecker dictionary|
|zu||Zulu||Zulu hyphenation dictionary|
Accessibility not impacted.
Bundled dictionaries in OOo versions previous to 3.3 were installed as shared extensions. Shared extensions are not migrated.
As of 3.3 bundled extensions will always be removed when uninstalling OOo. They are therefore not eligible for being migrated.
Bundled extensions can be configured if they provide their own options pages in OOo's options dialog.
- Integrated extensions still show up in the Extension Manager. This is considered a minor impact, as the user cannot change such extension in this place. Issue will be resolved in the future.