ReleaseStatus Minutes 2011-02-14 IRC log
(14:59:43) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:59:48) mla: hi
(14:59:54) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:00:06) stefan_b: Hi
(15:00:07) mdamboldt: Welcome to todays release status meeting.
(15:01:09) mdamboldt: mla: Would you like to give an update about the current L10N release status in point of view to the OOo 3.3 download page?
(15:01:47) mla: we now have 29 languages with released builds
(15:01:57) UweL [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-pgquylhjsfmwurpe] entered the room.
(15:02:52) rafaella_ [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-fzbbatknzphikegl] entered the room.
(15:03:08) rafaella_: hi!
(15:03:18) mdamboldt: Hi rafaella_, ml1 just mentioned we now have 29 languages with released build of OOo 3.3 out there. Anything you like to add?
(15:03:53) rafaella_: actually yes. The deadline to approve and request destribution was february 10th. However
(15:04:41) rafaella_: some teams needed a bit more time. So we are waiting till end of the week to proceed with the *automatic distribution* of the builds/language packs
(15:04:56) rafaella_: As there have been some concerns about this new approach
(15:05:11) paveljanik [~Pavel@unaffiliated/paveljanik] entered the room.
(15:05:24) rafaella_: we will proceed - if no objections - in the following way:
(15:06:08) _Nesshof_ [~martin@nat/sun/x-nmioybqqmftbdmum] entered the room.
(15:06:31) rafaella_: All languages for which the N-L teams have tested, quality approved and requested ditstribution will be left out
(15:06:45) rafaella_: from this automatic process
(15:07:14) rafaella_: Besides, we will make sure to add information on the web page about the tests that have been carried out
(15:07:26) paveljanik left the room (quit: Client Quit).
(15:08:04) rafaella_: A pointer to a wiki page should also highlight the Native-Language teams who have partecipated in the release process
(15:09:05) rafaella_: If the native-language teams have decided to approve only some of the builds vs platforms, we will leave it up to dem to decide.
(15:09:50) rafaella_: For all other languages where we have builds/language packs but that not been approved by the teams we will make proceed with the automatic distribution
(15:10:48) rafaella_: On the web page a statement will say that the tests perfomed on this builds is only to make sure they are installable. No guarantee about the language quality.
(15:11:32) rafaella_: So that's basically in more details how to proceed. Questions? Concerns?
(15:13:37) mla: IMHO we should ask the one or other team to make sure that the wJRE and nonJRE builds for Windows and Linix 32-bit RPM are both available
(15:13:50) mla: that will reduce errors when downloading builds
(15:14:52) mla: as the webage doesn't know if only one of the two variantes is released
(15:16:40) rafaella_: ml1, you mean we should post about this to make sure they are aware of the error that this would cause?
(15:17:38) mla: the teams know the problematic already
(15:19:05) rafaella_: ml1, If they know, it's their choice - I presume - not to approve these builds then....
(15:21:53) mdamboldt: Ok, sounds thats all about this topic.
(15:24:18) mdamboldt: Today was scheduled as branch off date for OpenOffice.org 3.4 as you can see in http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease34#Detailed_schedule_for_OpenOffice.org_3.4
(15:25:16) _Nesshof_: looks like we did not fullfilled the criteria for a branch off yet
(15:27:08) _Nesshof_: see http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease34 for the list of release relevant issue
(15:28:42) _Nesshof_: so the m101 milestone should then be complete for all translation changes
(15:28:54) _Nesshof_: and will be our 3.4 alpha version
(15:30:07) mla: @_nesshof_: which will be handle as a dev build?
(15:30:26) _Nesshof_: ml1: yes
(15:31:31) _Nesshof_: so upload of m101 may be end of this week or beginning next week
(15:32:12) _Nesshof_: blauwal: who will do the m101 build ?
(15:32:37) rafaella_: _Nesshof_, any idea which milestone will contain all l10n relevant changes?
(15:32:47) _Nesshof_: rafaella_: m101
(15:33:07) rafaella_: _Nesshof_, when will it be ready?
(15:33:33) mla: Ivo will take of m101
(15:33:42) _Nesshof_: and for the following milestones (m102) no more integration of feature cws is allowed for branch off
(15:35:32) xHDE left the room.
(15:41:22) mdamboldt: Is there anything else for todays meeting?
(15:42:13) rafaella_: not from me...
(15:42:50) mdamboldt: bye
(15:43:01) stefan_b: bye
(15:43:38) mdamboldt left the room (quit: Quit: mdamboldt).
(15:43:48) mla: bye