ReleaseStatus Minutes 2010-05-17 IRC log
(15:00:02) Das Thema für #oooreleases ist: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(15:00:07) ja_: Moin
(15:01:35) enoki: hi
(15:01:39) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:02:12) stefan_b: Hi
(15:02:16) gibi33: Hi
(15:02:28) mdamboldt: Status 3.2.1 release:
(15:02:41) mdamboldt: Possible stopper Issue 111636 has been raised on the mailing list. Detailed technical evaluation is in progress right now.
(15:02:47) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P3 The background become no color to white color http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=111636
(15:02:51) blauwal [~jr93709@nat/sun/x-bygyztqalngxkmdw] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:20) _rene_: I hoped we had that until now so we can decide :/
(15:04:02) mdamboldt: The issue has been introduced in one of the last three builds. OOO320m14 was ok.
(15:04:09) of_sun: Hi
(15:04:45) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, so you can reproduce the problem?
(15:04:48) _rene_: I mean, it was reported how long ago? seven hours ago if I count right...
(15:05:13) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: yes, I was able to do so. So is Wolfram Garten, too.
(15:05:23) mdamboldt: Currently Andre Fischer is looking into it.
(15:05:33) gibi33: and so do I on any new fresh document
(15:06:24) gibi33: but do we have to discuss whether eligible or not as a stopper?
(15:06:51) _rene_: we should, but as we have no info...
(15:07:24) rafaella [~Rafaella@nat/sun/x-yjffnainjwxwctrm] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:06) mdamboldt: _rene_: What do you mean by "no info"?
(15:08:43) _rene_: "Possible". "Detailed technical evaluation is in progress right now"
(15:10:12) mdamboldt: _rene_: Do you think it's a stopper? It's an easy to reproduce severe issue I think.
(15:10:13) gibi33: ok, I understand that's about technical analysis but what about its importance?
(15:11:05) gibi33: I vote to be a stopper even if there's no data loose it's unusable
(15:11:44) ml1: _rene_: "seven hours ago if I count right...", no it's 5 hours max, incl. lunch break
(15:12:40) _rene_: ah, yeah, 6
(15:12:42) mdamboldt: There is a workaround to use menu "Insert->duplicate page" instead of simple copy & paste via slide sorter for example. But I guess thats not a sufficient workaround.
(15:12:54) _rene_: (me errorneously counted in UTC)
(15:13:38) gibi33: mdamboldt: it happens also when you copy/paste the text frame instead of the entire slide
(15:14:35) mdamboldt: Additional I've heard rumors about another issue that the Dutch OOo installations set lacks dictionaries. I'm not aware of any Issue # so far.
(15:14:49) stefan_b: mdamboldt, see my answer: Works well.
(15:15:05) mdamboldt: stefan_b: Where to look?
(15:15:18) stefan_b: At my desk :-)
(15:15:31) stefan_b: Cor mailed this to dev@qa
(15:15:46) of_sun2 [~chatzilla@nat/sun/x-dfhaxrnqxtcjwzrm] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:16:14) stefan_b: mdamboldt, there was no issue for this.
(15:16:47) rafaella: stefan_b, so you checked the rc1 Linux?
(15:17:15) stefan_b: I checked with internal m17 builds on Win and Linux (rpm) I will re-verify with the download install sets.
(15:17:52) rafaella: stefan_b, yes, please on the same install sets Cor found the issue....
(15:19:26) stefan_b: Well, he did not tell wich one in his mail :-(
(15:19:36) of_sun: No information where cor found the issue.
(15:19:53) of_sun2 hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Client Quit).
(15:20:41) calc hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: Coyote finally caught me).
(15:20:44) mdamboldt: Ok, so we need to look at the download set and one may ask Cor for additional details.
(15:20:57) calc [~firstname.lastname@example.org] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:21:08) _rene_: and how is missing dictionaries a blocker? even if it is no.
(15:21:11) stefan_b: I will mail to him directly and track this down. I am currently downloading too.
(15:21:18) _rene_: correct, it is none. :)
(15:21:25) calc heißt jetzt Guest52217
(15:21:27) _rene_: people can easily install them
(15:21:37) stefan_b: As said, not a general problem. cor himself proposed that being NO stopper.
(15:22:50) rafaella: _rene_, I think that it would be show stopper if many languages are affected by this issue.
(15:23:06) _rene_: I don't.
(15:23:33) MechtiIde: this isn't a stopper IMO
(15:23:43) _rene_: IMHO OOO containing own versions of dicts other stuff also uses is a bug
(15:24:10) _rene_: that leads into the same dict being on HD at different places numerous times ;)
(15:27:14) mdamboldt: Regarding Issue 111636 I propose to wait for developer feedback on this issue. Sounds we need to do a RC2 build.
(15:27:19) IZBot: Presentation DEFECT NEW P3 The background become no color to white color http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=111636
(15:28:01) Guest52217 heißt jetzt calc
(15:28:05) calc hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Changing host).
(15:28:05) calc [~calc@ubuntu/member/calc] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:30:52) ja_: mdamboldt: Is this decision taken so I have to withdraw my approvals on QATrack ?
(15:34:26) Fridrich: I would advocate not to rush this if that bug can be fixed
(15:35:17) Fridrich: it is not like it was RC20 and we are tired from RCs
(15:35:17) wope hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Ping timeout: 268 seconds).
(15:35:42) Fridrich: but 3.2.1 should be better then 3.2 and given the massive changes, better to be sure then sorry
(15:37:13) ***MechtiIde want also to know if she have to withdraw the bbuilds from qatrack
(15:37:21) wope_away [~email@example.com] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:37:22) wope_away heißt jetzt wope
(15:37:33) mdamboldt: So are people fine by following the corresponding issue or do we need a separate RSM tomorrow?
(15:38:03) _rene_: how should following the issue lead to a "yes/no"?
(15:38:20) ja_: Mechtilde: I've set the en-US builds back to "in qa"
(15:38:34) MechtiIde: we need a decision
(15:38:48) MechtiIde: do we get another RC?
(15:38:53) ml1: IMHO depends on what we will see in the issue from the dev team
(15:39:06) ml1: easy to fix --> RC2
(15:39:10) ml1: not easy --> ?
(15:39:37) Fridrich: I am for another RC and would be nice to know how much risk that another showstopper will pop up?
(15:39:54) mdamboldt: My understanding is yes it is a stopper. So I read gibi33.
(15:40:04) gibi33: +1
(15:40:23) Fridrich: +1
(15:40:55) MechtiIde: so we expect another RC this week and next monday is bank holiday in Germany so the next RSM we need another day next week
(15:40:58) blauwal: +1
(15:41:06) wope: +1
(15:41:45) enoki: +1
(15:42:12) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: The RSM will simply move by one day in my point of view. So next RSM is Tuesday 25th May 2010.
(15:42:54) MechtiIde: this is ok for me. At 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC)?
(15:43:14) mdamboldt: Hopefully a fix will be available early this week so we can trigger RC2 (OOO320m18) by end of this week.
(15:43:31) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: Same time as on every Monday.
(15:43:53) MechtiIde: then it is for the record
(15:44:24) mdamboldt: Ok. Sounds thats all for 3.2.1 release for todays meeting.
(15:45:23) _rene_: mdamboldt: eh, no, that's nonsense
(15:45:44) _rene_: if a fix is available early this week, why a build *end* of the week? build immediately?
(15:46:17) mdamboldt: _rene_: QA and check whats fixed before you integrate anything in any state and make things even worth by accident?
(15:46:33) _rene_: mdamboldt: true.
(15:46:56) Fridrich: like in the 3.2 release cycle the master fix that fsck-ed up no l10 builds
(15:47:02) _rene_: mdamboldt: but still, let#s assume we have the fix tomorrow and get it QAed, staring the build end of the week doesn't make sense
(15:47:29) _rene_: then we'll have all the build only mid next week seeing how long the windows stuff needed
(15:47:35) _rene_: + 1 week waiting + ....
(15:47:51) mdamboldt: _rene_: As soon as I've more detailed infos from corresponding developer about side effects, etc. I will look for an earliest possible integration.
(15:47:55) Fridrich: let us take it as +1 from _rene_ them :)
(15:48:21) ja_: +1
(15:49:01) mdamboldt: Regarding 3.3 I like to give you all a short heads-up. Based on current 3.2.1 state I would roughly plan with a possible branch off for 3.3 end of June / beginning of July. Detailed planning should be part of our release meeting next week, so please prepare yourself for next meeting.
(15:51:44) MechtiIde: this also mean beginning of translation at begin of July?
(15:52:00) MechtiIde: and thee Beta Version at the same time?
(15:53:05) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: In the past turnarounds between translation handover/handback were not that fast. Let's outline details in next weeks meeting.
(15:54:14) mdamboldt: Anything else for todays meeting?
(15:54:16) stefan_b: About Dutch spellchecker: Checked both Win download sets (with/without JRE) and Linux RPM with JRE: All fine.
(15:54:26) mdamboldt: stefan_b: thanks
(15:54:46) stefan_b: Will wait for Cor to respond before investigating further.
(15:55:38) dtardon hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: this parrot is dead).
(15:56:45) mdamboldt: bye
(15:57:11) stefan_b: Bye
(15:57:16) rafaella: bye
(15:57:20) rafaella hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Quit: Leaving).
(15:57:40) ml1: bye
(15:58:05) of_sun: bye