ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-08-24 IRC log
Conversation with #oooreleases at Mon Aug 24 14:55:30 2009 on firstname.lastname@example.org (irc)
(14:55:30) #oooreleases: The topic for #oooreleases is: Release-Stauts-Meeting, every monday at 15:00 Hamburg Time (13:00 UTC in summer)
(14:56:04) rtimm [n=Ruediger@nat/sun/x-mfhabftcfmazwgwd] entered the room.
(14:58:44) _rene_ [email@example.com] entered the room.
(14:59:32) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-olfsybwnqyujxxrz] entered the room.
(15:00:22) _Nesshof_: of_sun: Uwe is coming later ?
(15:00:56) _Nesshof_: mdamboldt is afk today
(15:01:14) MechtiIde: hallo
(15:01:16) stefan_b: Moin!
(15:01:36) _Nesshof_: 3.1.1 release status:
(15:01:54) _Nesshof_: missing Linux 64 deb packages are getting upload in this moment
(15:02:06) stefan_b: _Nesshof_, UL is still in meeting afaik, yes.
(15:02:09) _Nesshof_: any other news, any issues stopping the release show
(15:02:12) _Nesshof_: ??
(15:02:24) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, I don't know
(15:02:40) of_sun: UL is still in a meeting
(15:02:49) MechtiIde: some minutes before this meeting I have Problems to open the Extension Manager at 64 bit DEBs
(15:03:30) MechtiIde: Yes with version OOO310_19 which I found at Friday Midday at the mirrors
(15:03:41) MechtiIde: more tests are needed
(15:04:18) _Nesshof_: shall we postpone go/no-go decision for a few hours ?
(15:04:51) _Nesshof_: of_sun: are we able to confirm this issue ?
(15:05:41) of_sun: Needs some time to find a 64bit environment. I'll have a try.
(15:06:18) _Nesshof_: ok, let us postpone decision and leave the channel open
(15:06:33) of_sun: I don't know if we have a 64bit deb system, I only know about a Suse that we have.
(15:06:33) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, I need minimum 3 h to verify
(15:06:49) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: ok
(15:06:51) MechtiIde: whether it is an OOo problem or a problem with an extension
(15:07:08) _Nesshof_: any other issues regarding 3.1.1 ?
(15:07:30) MechtiIde: If I will be ready earlier I can ping here
(15:07:39) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: yes, thank you
(15:07:47) _Nesshof_: 2.4.3 status:
(15:08:03) _Nesshof_: ml1: are the builds ready to get uploaded ?
(15:08:05) enoki [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:08:08) ***_rene_ bets it's a profile error or somesuch since I don't have any problem on m19 (ok, self-built, but...)
(15:08:11) mla: I'll try to upload the files today
(15:08:21) MechtiIde: For 2.4.3 I saw a new milestone
(15:08:38) MechtiIde: _rene_, I hope also
(15:08:42) MechtiIde: but ...
(15:09:57) _Nesshof_: but ?
(15:10:37) _rene_: .. she wants to go sure
(15:10:46) _rene_: honestly, I don't see what takes 3hs for that, but...
(15:11:06) _rene_: I don't mind that delay either as long as we keep Thursday :-)
(15:11:47) _Nesshof_: _rene_: for 3.1.1 or 2.4.3 release ?
(15:12:04) _rene_: _Nesshof_: uhm, the context is clear, isn't it?
(15:12:21) _rene_: _Nesshof_: where did she mention that problem? not in the 2.4.3 part :)
(15:12:28) _Nesshof_: 2.4.3 was the last topic I called
(15:12:34) MechtiIde: _rene_, thanks for the hint
(15:12:43) MechtiIde: so I have a fast result
(15:12:58) MechtiIde: this is ok
(15:13:23) _rene_: probably that db thing
(15:13:27) MechtiIde: how can we handle the delay of the 64 bit builds
(15:13:43) _rene_: (since guess what's used for storing the info about extensions?)
(15:13:47) MechtiIde: which were removed from the mirrors at Friday
(15:14:08) MechtiIde: _rene_, yes
(15:14:40) MechtiIde: _rene_, not the db thing may be the mysql extension
(15:14:50) MechtiIde: from yesterday
(15:14:54) mdamboldt left the room (quit: Read error: 60 (Operation timed out)).
(15:15:15) MechtiIde: how can we handle the delay of the 64 bit builds, _Nesshof_
(15:15:18) MechtiIde: which were removed from the mirrors at Friday
(15:15:49) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: add them to the release as soon as they got approved
(15:16:01) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, At weekend I was at Froscon and didn't do any tests an m19
(15:16:14) mdamboldt [email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:16:43) mdamboldt left the room (quit: Client Quit).
(15:16:51) MechtiIde: and no more people were able to download them to do the test over the weekend
(15:16:52) _Nesshof_: I don't consider it as blocker if the Linux64 bit builds will come a little later
(15:18:03) MechtiIde: I hope the reason for removing it was not a known problem with theses builds ;-)
(15:18:27) _Nesshof_: but yes in the worst case we would have to do an additonal milestone
(15:18:44) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: no, it was just a mistake
(15:19:27) _Nesshof_: with switching vanilaa/wJre builds
(15:20:09) dtardon left the room (quit: "huÄku svou na pozdrav smekÃ¡m...").
(15:21:19) ***rtimm wasn't even aware there have been deb packages of m19, except perhaps en-US
(15:21:59) _Nesshof_: do we have now a "g" decision for releasing Win32, Linux32, MacIntel, Solarisx86, SolarisSparc on Thursday ?
(15:22:03) mla: mechtilde: I told you already why en_US got removed
(15:22:20) MechtiIde: and all langpacks with aout any full version gives no sence
(15:22:33) mla: thats right
(15:23:00) MechtiIde: and minimum one person download the German version
(15:23:27) of_sun: Extension Manager works out of the box on a 64bit Suse.
(15:23:32) _rene_: _Nesshof_: from me, yes
(15:23:37) mla: but this wasn't build, so I dont' know what was really downloaded ;-)
(15:23:45) _rene_: of_sun: you're late. we already found that out :)
(15:24:45) _Nesshof_: do all agree on "go" decision ?
(15:25:42) ***_Nesshof_ takes the silence as confirmation
(15:25:47) mla: +1 from me
(15:25:54) MechtiIde: It is not eas to decide
(15:26:05) MechtiIde: easy
(15:26:32) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: yes, but we should take the risk and go forward
(15:26:38) MechtiIde: but it is right I have no inforamtion about a problem issue
(15:27:28) VolkerMe [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:27:40) MechtiIde: yes but for the record i couldn't do enough tests myself as I do for other last RCs
(15:27:56) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: ack
(15:28:24) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, so I give an +-0
(15:28:32) _Nesshof_: ok
(15:28:33) mla: ;-)
(15:28:49) _Nesshof_: can we now come to 2.4.3 release status ?
(15:29:01) _Nesshof_: or continue with ...
(15:29:30) MechtiIde: 2.4.3
(15:30:02) _Nesshof_: i think we can not fix the final timeline but we try the asap after 3.1.1 has been completed
(15:30:28) _Nesshof_: so tentative timeline would be begin of September !
(15:30:30) MechtiIde: +1 if no stopper will be detected
(15:30:55) rtimm: _Nesshof_: makes sense, from my point of view. +1
(15:31:42) mla: +1
(15:32:15) _Nesshof_: ok, do we need to discuss any 3.2 issues ?
(15:32:34) _rene_: _Nesshof_:
(15:32:37) _rene_: oops
(15:33:05) calc [email@example.com] entered the room.
(15:34:02) ***_Nesshof_ wants to remind for the branch off day on September 21st
(15:34:10) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-efsvjnchqlktapux] entered the room.
(15:35:02) _Nesshof_: re duties this week ?
(15:35:13) Andreas_SunOOoUX [n=andreas_@nat/sun/x-eqgoaqeqizvhwmus] entered the room.
(15:36:06) wope [firstname.lastname@example.org] entered the room.
(15:36:27) rtimm: Ivo (ihi) currently builds DEV300, Vladimir (vg) will do the next milestone
(15:36:35) _Nesshof_: rtimm: thanks
(15:36:43) _Nesshof_: any other issue for today ?
(15:36:55) MechtiIde: rtimm, for clarification
(15:37:05) MechtiIde: ivo for DEV_m56?
(15:37:15) MechtiIde: and vg for m57?
(15:37:20) rtimm: Yes.
(15:37:28) MechtiIde: ok
(15:37:46) rtimm: m56 is nearly finished
(15:39:28) mdamboldt [n=mdambold@nat/sun/x-ymfqnztibhfhxqvz] entered the room.
(15:41:24) mla: for the records: 3.1.1rc2, the upload of linux 64 deb is done
(15:45:43) _Nesshof_: by
(15:52:30) of_sun: bye
(15:53:34) stefan_b: bye
(15:53:42) mla: bye
(16:01:32) UweL: bye
(16:01:36) UweL left the room (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]").
(16:10:15) VolkerMe left the room (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.85 [Firefox 3.5.2/20090729225027]").
(16:15:10) enoki left the room (quit: ).
(16:51:46) _Nesshof_ left the room (quit: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)).
(17:03:48) kai_a left the room (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.85 [Firefox 3.0.13/2009080315]").
(17:05:28) rtimm is now known as rtimm_away
(17:13:16) stefan_b is now known as stefan_b_away
(17:16:16) paveljanik left the room (quit: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)).