ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-06-29 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:58:55) ja_: Moin
(15:00:38) mdamboldt: Hi
(15:01:43) MechtiIde: hallo
(15:02:02) mdamboldt: I've some touble loading the agenda today, so lets start with OOo 3.1.1 release.
(15:02:02) mdamboldt: Anything to raise about 3.1.1 in todays meeting?
(15:03:20) mdamboldt: The L10N CWS localization36 is ready for QA. As soon as we have final feeback on it, I plan to start the next round for integration later this week.
(15:03:41) mdamboldt: The current OOo310 m14 is finished.
(15:03:49) ***_rene_ wonders why trivial localisation bugs get ignored
(15:04:48) ***mdamboldt Oh yet another riddle from Rene Rene: Can you please solve this for me :) ?
(15:04:55) _rene_: e.g. Note when that was reported...
(15:05:05) IZBot: issue 98304: l10n DEFECT NEW P3 [ES] printing dialog: paginas derechas e izquierdas"
(15:05:20) ml1: m14 was already uploaded to the mirrors but not yet available via bouncer
(15:05:58) _rene_: mdamboldt: cummunity people can't fix it without access to the db, if I just patched it it will be a nightmare (patching localize.sdfs...)
(15:07:13) kai_a [n=Kai_Ahre@nat/sun/x-82d58615b8761506] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:07:55) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-20b98479d62bfc31] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:08:36) mdamboldt: Rene: I will talk to Rafaella about issues owned by petr to make sure somebody continues to work on them.
(15:09:48) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, I also assigned an Issue to Rafaella for the same reason
(15:11:06) mdamboldt: Any thing for OOo 3.2 release?
(15:13:41) Stefan___b_away heißt jetzt Stefan___b
(15:13:53) ja_: for the 3.2.0 release I have nothing for today
(15:14:10) mdamboldt: My browser finally successfully loaded todays agenda again. There I can see a couple of items...
(15:14:27) Stefan___b: For the record: Whenebver adjusting UI strings, have a look at online help, too. Just mentioned so in issue 98304.
(15:14:38) IZBot: l10n DEFECT NEW P3 [ES] printing dialog: paginas derechas e izquierdas"
(15:17:42) mdamboldt: Regarding Issue 102485 any comment from developer?
(15:17:42) mdamboldt: The corresponding developer is just opening a 3.1.1 CWS to fix this.
(15:17:47) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 Landscape printing - document printed off centre
(15:18:51) mdamboldt: Other items read like the following: Problems with the L10nCWs Builds
(15:18:51) mdamboldt: a) why not a tar.gz wich can be used under rpm and deb systems?
(15:18:51) mdamboldt: b) Mac builds are missing also 64 bit builds for linux
(15:18:51) mdamboldt: c) why is it impossible to prepare only langpacks
(15:19:32) MechtiIde: so there are some of our testers can't test the CWS build
(15:20:36) of_sun: So target 3.1.1 will be ok for issue 102485?
(15:20:48) IZBot: Word processor DEFECT NEW P3 Landscape printing - document printed off centre
(15:20:59) ja_: +1
(15:21:02) mdamboldt: of_sun: At least for me, yes.
(15:21:32) of_sun: I've no headache with that. +1
(15:24:31) ja_: Issue 102378 from the agenda is fixed and already has 3.1.1 target.
(15:24:39) IZBot: porting DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P2 PDF Export Crash
(15:25:15) _rene_: ja_: wrong. it is fixed only in 3.2 according to the comments
(15:25:20) mdamboldt: Seems I need to follow-up on the L10N items offline after this meeting since I can't get informations/reasons right now.
(15:25:49) _rene_: it has target 3.1.1, but that doesn't say it's anywhere for 3.1.1 ;-)
(15:26:58) ja_: It get's my vote here +1
(15:27:36) mdamboldt: _rene_: OOO310 CWS ooo311gsl05 will contain 102378. Current status is "new".
(15:28:09) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:28:20) ja_: Update from release engineering: AFAIK Ivo Hinkelmann is working on DEV300_m51. Vladimir Glazunov will work on DEV300_m52 and Kurt Zenker will work on OOO310_m15 as far as there is sometihng to build for this codeline this week.
(15:28:50) MechtiIde: issue 102378
(15:29:03) IZBot: porting DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED P2 PDF Export Crash
(15:29:18) _rene_: MechtiIde: that already was discussed :)
(15:29:49) MechtiIde: _rene_, I only read at least this number
(15:29:55) MechtiIde: with more information
(15:34:06) mdamboldt hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Remote closed the connection).
(15:34:21) Stefan___b: Target 3.1.1. is set and issue is on its way. A one-liner with great impact. Thx to rbircher and cloph for their effort.
(15:34:24) mdamboldt [n=md97092@nat/sun/x-09344ee458e687f8] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:34:34) Stefan___b: Welcome back. mdamboldt :-)
(15:34:56) mdamboldt: Back to the L10N items...
(15:35:53) mdamboldt: regarding a), may I ask why there is a request to have tar.gz instead of rpm and deb for exactly this systems? Ok, it would be less to download, but???
(15:36:41) ja_: ...translations within the installer cannot be verified
(15:37:42) mdamboldt: ja_: Indeed that would be another disadvantage.....
(15:39:19) mdamboldt: I also wonder about the request to have language packs. If we create language packs instead of full installation sets, things for testers would be more complicate I think. And I'm not sure but I think I can remember that in the past the full install sets were requested instead of having language packs, but not sure....
(15:42:14) mdamboldt: Regarding Mac builds we have very low capacity to create such.
(15:42:46) mdamboldt: Regarding 64 Bit Linux, we take this as request and need to know which languages are needed for this platform.
(15:43:19) ja_: as DEB and RPM ?
(15:45:00) mdamboldt: Anything else for today?
(15:46:31) MechtiIde: mdamboldt, there was a longer thread u.a with Thorsten Ziem about this
(15:46:51) MechtiIde: I will look in the archive and ask Andre for more information
(15:47:33) mdamboldt: Mechtilde: ok
(15:47:49) MechtiIde: I will add it to the wiki
(15:50:34) mdamboldt: Ok. Talk to you here again next week.
(15:50:36) mdamboldt: Bye
(15:50:53) ja_: bye bye
(15:51:04) UweL hat den Raum verlassen (quit: "ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.5/2008120122]").

Personal tools