ReleaseStatus Minutes 2009-03-16 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

(14:59:28) ja_: Moin
(14:59:53) VolkerMe_: Moimoin
(15:00:23) VolkerMe hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Nick collision from services.).
(15:00:34) VolkerMe_ heißt jetzt VolkerM
(15:00:39) VolkerM heißt jetzt VolkerMe
(15:00:59) UweL [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-a5f2738174ec5cd2] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:04) mla: hi
(15:02:27) _Nesshof_ [n=martin@nat/sun/x-ec8506f98b48d6cb] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:02:58) _Nesshof_: moin
(15:03:21) nex0s [n=nex@] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:03:42) _Nesshof_: have you already started without me ;-)
(15:03:48) _rene_: bo
(15:03:50) _rene_: no
(15:03:53) _Nesshof_: 3.1 release status
(15:04:02) _Nesshof_: still open stoppers ?
(15:05:13) _rene_: I'd like to have smoketest21 integrated in 3.1 and for me issue 100219 is a stopper, but otherwise no :)
(15:05:20) IZBot: Database access DEFECT STARTED P2 SRB crashes at exit of the edit view
(15:05:38) _rene_: (no known, I mean, I'd bet we will release with major bugs this time...)
(15:05:47) _rene_: just personal feeling...
(15:06:17) MechtiIde: +1
(15:07:36) _Nesshof_: blauwal: is it possible to integrate smoketest21 also in 3.1 ?
(15:07:48) _Nesshof_: It is already integrated in 3.2
(15:07:50) blauwal: _Nesshof_: yes
(15:08:17) blauwal: _Nesshof_: I think ... will ask Kurt
(15:08:34) _Nesshof_: blauwal: thanks
(15:09:08) _Nesshof_: kai_a: UweL: do you share _rene_ feelings regarding the bug status ?
(15:09:32) UweL: I think we are getting better
(15:10:03) sophi: _Nesshof_: we just found that part of the User feedback program is not integrated, options dialog is missing
(15:10:27) _rene_: UweL: right now, we found eeven more stoppers than in 3.0 times
(15:10:27) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, this is not a feeling about the issue status
(15:10:38) sophi: _Nesshof_: of is investigating on it
(15:10:39) _rene_: UweL: and in 3.0 times, many big bugs were found *AFTER* the relase
(15:10:41) MechtiIde: but about the issues we didn't find yet
(15:10:42) of_sun: sophi: I'm just wirting the issue
(15:10:46) _rene_: UweL: so sorry, I am not convinced :)
(15:10:50) sophi: of_sun: thanks :)
(15:11:08) _Nesshof_: sophi: really, I thought I saw it already ?
(15:11:35) kai_a: _Nesshof_: I do shared
(15:11:43) sophi: _Nesshof_: you saw the first dialog, not the one under Tool > Options
(15:12:21) mdamboldt: sophi: On Solaris SPARC I can see the correpsonding options in OOO310m5
(15:12:44) kai_a: _Nesshof_: I do share Rene's opinion regarding 100219 => we're currently taking a deeper look into it
(15:12:49) sophi: mdamboldt: so it misses for .deb and .rpm
(15:13:24) _Nesshof_: sophi: its not there in writer, but in calc and draw
(15:13:29) _Nesshof_: weired
(15:14:03) stefan_b: CWS fwk106 has the Mac Performance thingie adressed (issue 100172 and issue 100177) and should go RfQA today.
(15:14:03) ***_Nesshof_ is using .deb
(15:14:09) IZBot: framework DEFECT STARTED P3 performance: impl_ts_getLocale result should be reused
(15:14:13) MechtiIde: _Nesshof_, I think these problems are the reason for our (_reand me) feeling
(15:14:13) ja_: current status of issue 100219 is "started" and the issue has not yet been attached to a CWS. Is it realistic to get it fixed for 3.1 release ?
(15:14:21) IZBot: Database access DEFECT STARTED P2 SRB crashes at exit of the edit view
(15:15:41) _rene_: ja_: is it a good idea to ship a SRB which will not work on most distros?
(15:16:04) _rene_: ja_: most distros build with --with-alloc=system
(15:16:35) _rene_: .oO ( at least the big ones )
(15:16:37) _Nesshof_: _rene_: ja_ so smoketest21 and i100219 are unrelated ?
(15:16:38) ja_: _rene_: I did not ask to dismiss the issue for 3.1
(15:16:47) _rene_: _Nesshof_: yes
(15:17:36) _Nesshof_: ok, any other issues to discuss ?
(15:18:03) _Nesshof_: do we got feedback from the localization teams for the integration of loc%25 ?
(15:18:19) _Nesshof_: s/25/35
(15:18:34) mla: issue 100227 was raised on the releases list half an hour ago
(15:18:39) IZBot: api DEFECT UNCONFIRMED P3 Regresion in DocumentInfo user defined info's
(15:18:50) MechtiIde: I have no feedback since Friday
(15:19:12) mla: no confirmation or fix yet
(15:19:31) MechtiIde: I look for confirmation
(15:19:31) _Nesshof_: ok, blauwal will start m6 anyhow now
(15:19:58) _Nesshof_: it would be helpful to have an status regarding localization until next monday
(15:20:05) blauwal: _Nesshof_: just after integration of smoketest21
(15:20:05) sophi: _Nesshof_: integration seems ok from my side too
(15:20:39) _Nesshof_: it seems we are still not able to provide a rc this week
(15:21:01) stefan_b: About the the OOo-imporvement stuff (missing Options) -> of_sun, do you have an issue for that alreadsy?
(15:21:08) stefan_b: ...already...
(15:21:50) MechtiIde: I can't do a confiramtion
(15:22:39) sophi: _Nesshof_: I'm running vcltestool with screenshots right now, but I need to look at them when finished
(15:24:00) of_sun: issue 100235
(15:24:05) IZBot: framework DEFECT NEW P2 Improvementprogram is missing in tools options
(15:26:16) _Nesshof_: sophi: by the way, there seems to be weired line break in the tools-option pages
(15:26:27) stefan_b: I spoke to MST to get a rough estimation on issue 100227.
(15:26:33) IZBot: api DEFECT UNCONFIRMED P3 Regresion in DocumentInfo user defined info's
(15:26:34) _Nesshof_: blauwal: RE duties ?
(15:26:51) _Nesshof_: anything else to discuss today ?
(15:27:18) blauwal: me (OOO310 m6), VG (DEV300 m44)
(15:27:33) stefan_b: Sorry to spoil the party, but 100227 has a fair chance to become a blocker.
(15:27:47) _Nesshof_: stefan_b: fine
(15:28:01) sophi: _Nesshof_: do you have a dialog showing the weired line breaks, I don't seem to have that
(15:28:43) stefan_b: _Nesshof_, OK, I will make things work... :-)
(15:29:21) _Nesshof_: sophi: e.g. the very first tab page "" displays in the first line OpenOffice.or\ng ...
(15:29:40) _Nesshof_: but it's an old OOO310_m4 I have to admit
(15:30:23) sophi: _Nesshof_: I don't have that in the FR version, I'll check with the m5 EN later
(15:31:07) rtimm: _Nesshof_: my m5 en-US (sparc) looks fine (at least regarding this options zab page ...)
(15:31:17) rtimm: s/zab/tab/
(15:31:43) mla: yes, mine too
(15:32:40) _Nesshof_: ok, then forget my comment, I will install m5
(15:32:57) _Nesshof_: ok, by
(15:33:08) mdamboldt: bye
(15:33:23) sophi: bye !
(15:33:28) ja_: bye bye
(15:33:37) mla: bye
(15:33:39) stefan_b: Bye!
(15:33:46) UweL: bye

Personal tools