ReleaseStatus Minutes 2008-06-16 IRC log

From Apache OpenOffice Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

(15:00:04) mla [n=ml93712@nat/sun/x-c4dcdb553f10e9c7] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:05) thorstenziehm [n=chatzill@nat/sun/x-7da1f42331a72eff] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:14) bettina-h [n=Bettina_@nat/sun/x-c1d2fccae81d6074] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:00:20) paveljanik: Hi
(15:00:39) MechtiIde: hello
(15:00:55) mla: hello
(15:01:12) _Nesshof_: 2.4.1 release review: anything to say regarding the 2.4.1 release ?
(15:01:51) MechtiIde: Only Mac/PPC has problems
(15:01:54) Fridrich: nice, great, wonderful, marvelous
(15:02:07) _Nesshof_: ok, then we can consider that release as almost done.
(15:02:27) _Nesshof_: ok, then lets move on to 3.0 issues
(15:02:28) ja_: Most localizations are done. The latest localization has been uploaded today (fr)
(15:02:58) _Nesshof_: we now have about 450 open issues with 3.0 target
(15:03:51) _Nesshof_: but the amount of issue per person now seems to be reasonable
(15:04:17) _Nesshof_: anybody who want to raise an issue for 3.0 which is not on the list yet ?
(15:04:42) _rene__: cws writer2latexexternal, maybe
(15:04:58) MechtiIde: do we have a task for Beta2 Issue ?
(15:05:03) _rene__: but this needs a reply to my post to dev@xml and dev@installation first, no answer yer
(15:05:09) _rene__: yet
(15:05:16) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: not yet
(15:05:53) _rene__: I think we really should get writer2latex into external. Because it actually is a external project.
(15:06:06) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: I think we should create one meta issue for tracking Beta2
(15:06:19) Kai_A [n=KaiA@nat/sun/x-83c21dcb0aba60dc] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:06:26) _Nesshof_: _rene_ I agree
(15:06:59) _Nesshof_: MechtiIde: do you know already some stopper issue for Beta2 ?
(15:07:19) MechtiIde: not yet
(15:07:54) _Nesshof_: stefan_b: there are a couple of 3.0 issue to you, which are still unconfirmed
(15:07:59) MechtiIde: e.g dba30d is nominated
(15:08:18) _rene__: _Nesshof_: when's beta2 planned and at which m do you plan to branch?
(15:08:23) _Nesshof_: bettina-h: also there are some issues from the user experience team open
(15:09:09) _Nesshof_: _rene_ expected realese date is July 1st
(15:09:44) _Nesshof_: so I would like have all Beta2 relevant cws until THursday (19th)
(15:10:00) _rene__: and then branch at m20?
(15:10:17) _Nesshof_: then we may need to branch off a Beb300, although I would like to avoid it
(15:10:39) _rene__: oh, no branch is even better :-)
(15:10:50) _Nesshof_: branching off for ooo300 would be around July 5th
(15:11:07) _Nesshof_: so I would like to avoid a special branch for Beta2
(15:13:39) ja_: _Nesshof_: are there any checks planned for new localizations ?
(15:14:15) MechtiIde: There is a new CWS Build
(15:14:35) MechtiIde: I didn't look at it because there are no debs
(15:16:04) blauwal [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:16:29) ja_: _Nesshof_: I remember Clytie talked about the translation progress of the Vietnamese project
(15:17:11) MechtiIde: We aren't ready at this time (Germanophone)
(15:18:11) _Nesshof_: thorstenziehm: rtimm: we need to talk on Thursday about status of Beta2 and branch strategy
(15:18:27) MechtiIde: Timeline is 26th of June as I remember
(15:18:30) rtimm: _Nesshof_: OK.
(15:18:41) thorstenziehm: _Nesshof_ : OK
(15:18:55) _Nesshof_: anything else regarding 3.0 / 3.0 Beta 2 ?
(15:19:27) _rene_ hat den Raum verlassen (quit: Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)).
(15:19:27) _rene__ heißt jetzt _rene_
(15:19:45) _Nesshof_: roundtable ?
(15:20:11) _Nesshof_: nothing ?
(15:20:16) ja_: When talking about RE duties it might be useful to talk about Upload duties...
(15:20:35) rtimm: I'll do RE this week on DEV300
(15:20:45) ja_: I'd like to introduce a collegue: Marcus Lange (mla)
(15:20:57) rtimm: Hi Marcus!
(15:21:04) mla: :-)
(15:21:09) ja_: He'll help me uploading the bits in future
(15:24:05) ja_: Marcus will upload DEV300_m20 (supported by me)
(15:26:17) mla: that means also we want to put a "Upload duties" besides the "RE duties"
(15:29:30) MechtiIde: I'm irritated that issue 90468 is set to 3.x
(15:29:41) IZBot: Drawing DEFECT NEW P3 [PDF-Import] Can't import officially published PDFs
(15:29:45) ja_: added "Upload duties this week" section to release minutes
(15:35:15) thorstenziehm: Mechtilde : as I could read 90468 is about encrypted or password protected PDF, currently it isn't possible to load such files. The complete security handling of PDF has to be implemented and therefore the issue is set to 9.x
(15:35:35) MechtiIde: thorstenziehm, but xpdf can read it
(15:35:57) thorstenziehm: There isn't a plan when this can and will be implemented.
(15:36:22) MechtiIde: thorstenziehm, and I understand the PDF-Import based on XPDF
(15:37:13) thorstenziehm: I am not the expert of PDF import, but I think you are right, that XPDF can import such files, but it was decided that OOo shouldn't be a PDF cracker!
(15:37:20) _rene_: xpdf ignores the security settings completely. (imho a feature)
(15:37:26) _rene_: that's afair
(15:40:00) MechtiIde: then we have to describe it in our announcement
(15:40:54) MechtiIde: e.g that The PDF-Import can't open PDF-Forms
(15:42:44) MechtiIde: then you can only use it with the Acrobat-Reader
(15:43:02) _rene_: s/the Acrobat-Reader/Acrobat/
(15:43:20) _rene_: we talk about editing here, no viewing
(15:43:33) _rene_: I would be surprised if those PDFs can't be viewed, can they?
(15:43:59) thorstenziehm: Mechtilde : I have to check, which features do not work. As I know all issues, like 'not printing', 'not editable', 'password protected' ... will not be opened by PDF Import in OOo. I do not know, if 'Forms' are such documents.
(15:44:18) thorstenziehm: but it is a good point to put this into the description
(15:44:33) MechtiIde: thorstenziehm, They are editable bei Acrobat
(15:44:58) thorstenziehm: but perhaps the text itself is protected?
(15:45:39) MechtiIde: that I don't know
(15:45:56) thorstenziehm: That's the idea of an PDF-Import to work on the text and not on the form, I think
(15:46:39) MechtiIde: but the Import can give us the possibility to input data from a database
(15:47:46) MechtiIde: like the address etc
(15:49:14) mod_ [] hat den Raum betreten.
(15:50:34) ja_: In my opinion the developer should check if the documents use DRM features. If they do then we should close the issues as "won't fix" otherwise we should give the developer the time to evaluate this issue. I cannot give an estimation if he can do this before Beta 2.
(15:51:14) _rene_: ja_: err?
(15:51:37) _rene_: ja_: if the document uses DRM features it should be fixed to either tell what exactlly went wroong or not break xpdfs features
(15:51:38) MechtiIde: DRM and a official form?
(15:51:48) _rene_: ja_: in any case, the issue should stay open
(15:52:23) MechtiIde: DRM and a form for public purpose?
(15:52:33) _rene_: ja_: either the fix to the issue to honour DRM or to fix the importer to to what xpdf does :)
(15:52:55) _rene_: and for the first thorstenziehm already said what's to do
(15:53:08) _rene_: MechtiIde: yeah, people get such ideas. no news..
(15:53:31) _rene_: that's why xpdfs behaviour is actually a feature
(15:53:42) MechtiIde: _rene_, we have to work with it
(15:54:09) MechtiIde: till now I must use Acrobat
(15:54:14) MechtiIde: ti fill them
(15:55:14) MechtiIde: or I print with xpdf and type with typewriter
(16:05:17) thorstenziehm: I have to leave, bye
(16:10:57) mod_ hat den Raum verlassen
(16:13:20) ja_: anything else for this meeting ?
(16:13:33) rtimm: not from my side
(16:14:12) paveljanik: no
(16:15:57) rtimm: bye
(16:16:01) rtimm hat den Raum verlassen
(16:16:06) mla: bye
(16:16:08) mla hat den Raum verlassen
(16:16:19) paveljanik: bye
(16:17:07) ja_: I think I'll close the meeting for today. Bye bye

Personal tools