ReleaseStatus Minutes 2007 03
Participants: Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm
RE duties for SRC680 this week: Ivo.
- 2.2 release is on track for getting released on 28/29th.
- i72503 disapproved -> 2.3 target
- issue 75731: Spreadsheet DEFECT UNCONFIRMED textoutputstream.writeString crashes openoffice -> disaproved for 2.2.1 ("the crash should be fixed but it results from a misuse of the API; the fix would just exchange the crash against an exception")
- issue 74484:Word processor DEFECT RESOLVED FIXED HTTP POST form submission not working http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=74484 approved for 2.2.1
- issue 75052:Word processor DEFECT STARTED [A11Y] Orca doesn't read misspelled words in spellcheck dialog http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=75052 approved for 2.2.1
- approval for CWS jl57 (issue i68616 and i73475) buildfixes
- first build for 2.2.1 expected April 12th
Participants: Thorsten Behrens, Martin Damboldt, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm
- cws hiddenchar, sch16 ready
- cws impress118 (#i75480) is expected for today
- QA Writer team and Armin are asking for inclusion of i75482 into aw049 (i75086), fix is already in progress and without risk -> approved
plan is to have m14 on Thursday ready for upload, so next possible release date is March 28th.
Participants: Mathias Bauer, Thorsten Behrens, Martin Damboldt, Bettina Haberer, Martin Hollmichel, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Heiner Rechtien, Ruediger Timm
- new potential stoppers for release have been discussed:
- #75430 [OOo 2.2, sba] - setting CharHidden on a sw-paragraph leaves the paragraph in an undefinded state
- #75471 [OOo 2.2, kla] - Stock Chart: Min-Max line is shown incorrectly and diagram may vanish
- #75480 [OOo 2.2, cgu] - custom animation extremly slow
- #75086 [OOo 2.2, aw] - Dataloss: Drawings created with 2.0 corrupted
- we will do a m14, the release will be moved one week, new estimated release date is March 28th.
- some discussion about we can avoid similar situation for 2.3 release. It was common sense that we need to get more QA folks earlier onto the release:
- make more advertizement for OOo-Dev Snapshots
- make it possible to do installations of last stable release and recent rc in parallel
- security issue wrt. libwpd is nor public -> we should release asap.
- we will meet on Tuesday 3pm German time again to get detailed status of open issues and develop time plan.
Participants: Joost Andrae, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Bettina Haberer, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Marko Moeller, André Schnabel, Heiner Rechtien, Stephan Schaefer, Ruediger Timm
- one new stopper from Friday, #i75249, Presentation aborts,
- we will do a m12, the release will be moved one week, new estimated release date is March 21st.
Participants: Joost Andrae, Mathias Bauer, Martin Damboldt, Martin Hollmichel, Bettina Haberer, Pavel Janik, Uwe Luebbers, Volker Merschmann, Andre Schnabel, Heiner Rechtien, Fridrich Strba, Ruediger Timm
- two new stoppers today, # 75086 [OOo 2.2, aw] - Dataloss: Drawings created with 2.0 corrupted
- 75095 [OOo 2.2, fs] - Form controls invisible in Drawings, both will be fixed in aw047.
- The release will be moved one week, new estimated release date is March 14th.
- Joost will provide solver tarballs for both MS Compiler, 2003 and 2005.
19 issues on this target in total. Pavel will review [BR] Translation update for OO.org 2.2] (i73820, unconfirmed). Updated time line for 2.2.1 release is available OOoRelease221